No announcement yet.

Brooks suffers from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Igglesphans therapy session! I've battled depression and anxiety since I was a teenager. Anxiety has certainly gotten worse over the years as job/life stresses increase. Meditation is what really works for me. If I do that every day, I manage much better. Exercise too when I can. And sufficient sleep.

Anyway, hope Brooks works it out.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Hahaha...pretty much People of Igglephans.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post

This thread is full of great posts. Many of us have either personally been through what Brooks goes through or has someone close to them that does. I love the Eagles and don't want good players to miss games, but I will never hold it against Brooks when he does.

Comment

Yep,

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          Igglesphans therapy session! I've battled depression and anxiety since I was a teenager. Anxiety has certainly gotten worse over the years as job/life stresses increase. Meditation is what really works for me. If I do that every day, I manage much better. Exercise too when I can. And sufficient sleep.

Anyway, hope Brooks works it out.
          .....about 7 yrs ago starting therapy I found out I've been probably dealing with depression since my teens years. Some life changing events about 10 yrs ago sparked an ugly cycle with anxiety attacks being tossed in for variety.

Meditation was huge in helping, even yoga has proven helpful in place of violent sports I was overdoing.

Glad to hear it has worked for you.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Nice.....

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post

....life is tough enough without being an Eagles fan.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

It's genetic in my case, but never realized it until I started dealing with the issues myself.

The know-it-alls on the radio have been generally brutal about this subject today. Ex-players have been the worse. Funny, if a guy had a lingering "back" issue it would be okay. Somehow a lingering "brain" issue seems to be taboo for them. Idiots.
              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Good stuff. I agree about Brooks and hope he gets what he needs, regardless of football. If his trigger is perfection, it will linger forever.
                WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

For me, the violent sports thing was never a issue. Played a bit of college football and it never bothered me. My trigger is more social. Public speaking?? HOLY SHIT!!!
                  WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Great attitude! The brain is part of the body and shit goes bad or you're wired wrong. Doesn't make him "weak" or a "non-warrior" - unlike the jerk-off Ike Reese's "read" on the issue today. Even Jon Ritchie was being very closed-minded. Funny, same guys SCREAM about CTE!!
                    WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Yeah, I was at the same point. I lined up something else and then boogied after 22 years. Fuck them. One of my best decisions ever.
                      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

It's all good, bro! Talking about it and admitting it does wonders! There are TONS of people dealing with the same shit, but many stay silent. Just hang with it and it'll be in maintenance mode!
                        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
                          It's genetic in my case, but never realized it until I started dealing with the issues myself.
                          Same here. Mom was a very nervous person and probably should have been diagnosed as depressed; father had heart issues and died at 51. I had a reaction to BP meds resulting in dehydration and syncope and then the panic hit that I was going to die young too. My therapist called it a perfect storm.

To everyone who has opened up on here, thanks. Love this bored even if we are all effed up in our own special ways.

Comment

Working...
                          X