Today in Wentz News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today in Wentz News

Fumbles, bad decisions, sailing passes, locking onto receivers, not seeing free receivers.

He's a rookie, he'll hopefully learn. And yeah yeah yeah his OL etc. But he didn't really look all that great today.
    DB

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    Fumbles, bad decisions, sailing passes, locking onto receivers, not seeing free receivers.

He's a rookie, he'll hopefully learn. And yeah yeah yeah his OL etc. But he didn't really look all that great today.
    Why did the Eagles lose today?

Wentz?
    The rest of the team?

The answer is clear.

Comment

Today in embarrassing internet posts

Comment

Originally posted by NDSU_Eagle View Post

Wentz?
        The rest of the team?

The answer is clear.
        DimBulb is a much a Negadelphian that you can get.

Having said that Wentz did not have a good game today. In my opinion, if he can play out the last two games without an injury it will be a W overall.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Having said that Wentz did not have a good game today. In my opinion, if he can play out the last two games without an injury it will be a W overall.
          He has to fix a few things with his mechanics this off season. His flat feet in the pocket scare me and that really needs to be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by NDSU_Eagle View Post

Wentz?
            The rest of the team?

The answer is clear.
            Today, it was more Wentz

Comment

I plead guilty

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

But yesterday he looked bad. That doesn't mean I wouldn't take him over all but maybe 10-15 QBs currently starting in the league, just that he sucked. Yes, give him Dak's cast of supporters and he's probably better. That's on Jeff and Howie.
              DB

Comment

A rookie QB had a bad game?

Then drove the field at the end?

What a fiasco.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

He had a bad game

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  A rookie QB had a bad game?

Then drove the field at the end?

What a fiasco.
                  I refuse to be politically correct and say otherwise. I'm a Truth Teller. I don't think it was a fiasco, I think it was a bad game. I keep comparing him to Dak, and trying to figure out how good Wentz would look with a good line, excellent WRs and RBs. I can't figure it. I can, however, watch him sail passes when his line actually gives him time, even on that last drive he really didn't set the world on fire.

Having said all that, I still would take Wentz before all but about 10-15 QBs. How you read a fiasco into that comment is beyond my dim brain.
                  DB

Comment

I refuse to be politically correct and say otherwise. I'm a Truth Teller. I don't think it was a fiasco, I think it was a bad game. I keep comparing him to Dak, and trying to figure out how good Wentz would look with a good line, excellent WRs and RBs. I can't figure it. I can, however, watch him sail passes when his line actually gives him time, even on that last drive he really didn't set the world on fire.

Having said all that, I still would take Wentz before all but about 10-15 QBs. How you read a fiasco into that comment is beyond my dim brain.
                    well, why are you comparing him to dak?

I mean, dak has had the benefit of a hall of fame tight-end, 3 very good receivers, the best o-line in football and the best running back in football.

The eagles have none of that.

When they had a decent o-line to start the year...he looked just fine. As the o-line started to turn into a nightmare, his mechanics started to go backwards. He still keeps his eyes down field, but he needs to do a better job of moving out of the pocket when it's going to collapse, which happens often.

He did get absolutely wild and missed passes, but saying, "well, i can't see how he would play well with what dallas has"...i don't know what to tell you.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

No not my intent

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                      well, why are you comparing him to dak?

I mean, dak has had the benefit of a hall of fame tight-end, 3 very good receivers, the best o-line in football and the best running back in football.

The eagles have none of that.

When they had a decent o-line to start the year...he looked just fine. As the o-line started to turn into a nightmare, his mechanics started to go backwards. He still keeps his eyes down field, but he needs to do a better job of moving out of the pocket when it's going to collapse, which happens often.

He did get absolutely wild and missed passes, but saying, "well, i can't see how he would play well with what dallas has"...i don't know what to tell you.
                      I was saying that I try to compare him to Dak but you really can't for the reasons you state. I just was pissed at the ball security, the missed passes, the not seeing open receivers. He'll get better, and the better OL in front of him, the sooner it'll be. I don't think the Eagles are too far away on the OL, actually. I think they move Lame to LT, use big V at RT, move Peters to Guard (after a pay cut), then you have something, with Brooks and Kelce.
                      DB

Comment

PS

I am also SUPER PISSED that we are in a "Cowboys are Good" Area.
                        DB

Comment

I was saying that I try to compare him to Dak but you really can't for the reasons you state. I just was pissed at the ball security, the missed passes, the not seeing open receivers. He'll get better, and the better OL in front of him, the sooner it'll be. I don't think the Eagles are too far away on the OL, actually. I think they move Lame to LT, use big V at RT, move Peters to Guard (after a pay cut), then you have something, with Brooks and Kelce.
                          they really need to do something about the middle of that oline. I know that wentz threw off his back foot...but pressure was once again coming right up the middle.

could probably move seumalo to center. I think he can play both guard and center. then just need to find a left guard.

They really need to do something about those receivers though. Like, last night Prescott launched a really high pass that was plucked out of the air by the receiver at like the 3 yard line. That's a drop with our team.

Can't remember the other game, but in the endzone a pass was thrown well behind a receiver...and that receiver plucked it out of the air for a TD. Our receiver...that ball bounces off their hands for a pick.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Yeah

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                            they really need to do something about the middle of that oline. I know that wentz threw off his back foot...but pressure was once again coming right up the middle.

could probably move seumalo to center. I think he can play both guard and center. then just need to find a left guard.

They really need to do something about those receivers though. Like, last night Prescott launched a really high pass that was plucked out of the air by the receiver at like the 3 yard line. That's a drop with our team.

Can't remember the other game, but in the endzone a pass was thrown well behind a receiver...and that receiver plucked it out of the air for a TD. Our receiver...that ball bounces off their hands for a pick.
                            One place I do compare the Eagles to the Cowboys is front office. Howie v. Jerruh and Jerruh is eating Howie's lunch.
                            DB

Comment

I read you looking at a rookie qb with a really fucking shitty (and beat up) team around him and comparing him to other non rookies (and one rookie) with good teams.

The "fiasco" part of it was sarcasm.

Any comparison of him to 10-15 other qbs in the league is as silly to me as those who, at 3-0, anointed him the second coming of (name that HOF qb).

I'm way more concerned that this coaching staff will fuck him up than I am with him not having the goods.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X