Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Buckholz

Is a Phillie

Certainly not a bad move, but it makes me nervous for Nola and Eflin's health.

Comment

Why?
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Yeah, I think it has more to do with being able

to turn him around for more prospects at the trade deadline if he does well.

That and another vet arm for the bullpen and rotation. He did pitch in the bullpen last year as well as start.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

BINGO

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
          Certainly not a bad move, but it makes me nervous for Nola and Eflin's health.
          There's a reason Klentak was hunting for depth. Although, I think it's more Nola than Eflin. I hope it's more contingency plan than not letting on what they know.
          Last edited by JuTMSY4; 12-20-2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Why?
            Hellickson, Bucholz, Velasquez, Nola, Eickhoff, Thompson, Eflin, Ascher, Lively.

This move could also be a precursor to an additional move as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
              Is a Phillie
              It was a salary dump by the SOX, so call the Phillies they are dumb enough to take on 13.5 million.

Comment

lol

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                It was a salary dump by the SOX, so call the Phillies they are dumb enough to take on 13.5 million.
                cockfather

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                  The Phillies can afford it... And if he does well... They can turn him into prospects at the trade deadline. If not...I believe it's just one year...So who cares?
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

You're discussing

Quantum mechanics with an acorn
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Low risk-potentially high reward IMO. They sent a low end prospect and they have plenty of cash to burn. Looking at the Phils rotation, he looks to be a bottom of the rotation starter.

Comment

Maybe

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
                        Low risk-potentially high reward IMO. They sent a low end prospect and they have plenty of cash to burn. Looking at the Phils rotation, he looks to be a bottom of the rotation starter.
                        Gay Buttholz has always shown flashes and maybe with less pressure he will dazzle. Probably not, but he could be a piece.

Still, the Phils have 7-8 starters who could all pitcher well: Hellickson, Nola, Eickhoff, Velasquez, Thompson, Eflin and Asher in addition. Pitching depth is a good thing to have.

Comment

as evidenced by your post, he at least provides an opportunity for the best nickname this side of rapeist winston. as far as i know he had very high potential, but outside of two great seasons, he was a pretty big disappointment in boston.

Comment

Working...
                          X