OK I say Bradford deal was great for the Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I say Bradford deal was great for the Eagles

Only if you think Bradford could have led this Eagles squad to major contention would the deal not have made sense

I know a lot of you guys hate Eckel but his analysis is dead on here.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...t_pick_fa.html

Plus now it is the Vikings problem how to deal with second year of Bradford's contract. Eagles took the contract hit already.

Bradford has played decent there... but you have Bridgewater who might be recovering from a knee injury. Future, now, cap space?

They are sort of in a conundrum, IMO.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Great steal for the Eagles

The other problem is if that pick is going to be another B,C, J

Comment

Didn't read article but think we all were on board with dealing I Am Sam for a 1. What was shaping up to be a wasted season with Sleeves leading them (us) to a stellar 6 or 7 win season we instead pull a 180 right before season begins and get to watch Wentz get invaluable PT this season and root against Minnesota and Sleeves to inch further up the board with each Viking loss.

You guys are gonna get so sick of hearing me beg for Dalvin Cook from now til april drsft.
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-26-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        Only if you think Bradford could have led this Eagles squad to major contention would the deal not have made sense

I know a lot of you guys hate Eckel but his analysis is dead on here.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...t_pick_fa.html

Plus now it is the Vikings problem how to deal with second year of Bradford's contract. Eagles took the contract hit already.

Bradford has played decent there... but you have Bridgewater who might be recovering from a knee injury. Future, now, cap space?

They are sort of in a conundrum, IMO.
        One of the best trades this franchise has ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          Didn't read article but think we all were on board with dealing I Am Sam for a 1. What was shaping up to be a wasted season with Sleeves leading them (us) to a stellar 6 or 7 win season we instead pull a 180 right before season begins and get to watch Wentz get invaluable PT this season and root against Minnesota and Sleeves to inch further up the board with each Viking loss.

You guys are gonna get so sick of hearing me beg for Dalvin Cook from now til april drsft.
          It's not a long article, but tl;dr : Eagles are at pick 13 right now and will pick between 15 and 11 in next year's draft. Also, right now Browns' pick from Eagles is 10.
          --------

Comment

I'm a bit confused ... who ever suggested otherwise?
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something but why is he not including the 8-7 teams? If the Vikings win (which is likely), they would end the season at 8-8 potentially with the Broncos, Titans, Ravens and Bucs. I'm thinking the strength of schedule for the Titans was not as tough. I would have preferred he wrote this by just telling us who we need to lose (keeping strength of schedule in mind).

For the record, I'm not sure anyone argued moving Bradford for a one.

Comment

Level of Agreement: 100%

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                The other problem is if that pick is going to be another B,C, J
                If they draft a decent WR or CB in round one then okay.
                DB

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  I didn't say anybody did. Just noting that the deal turned out a lot better than I thought it would.

When the Vikings got off to a good start I thought they would be going to the playoffs.

PS After rereading the post I can see why you asked the question.
                  --------

Comment

Howlo had that deal fall out of the sky in his lap and then AP goes down and it kept getting better and better.

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Comment

If Denver thinks the price for Romo

is too high, perhaps Horseface makes a deal for Sam.
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

You're not familiar with the work of Mr. Cataldi? I'm sure there were a few other attention seekers.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/bradford...t-even-starts/
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Howlo had that deal fall out of the sky in his lap and then AP goes down and it kept getting better and better.

There was luck in Bridgewater going down but it took stones to ask for a first rounder with a straight face.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Maybe Howlo was channeling his inner Riverboat Gomer and was gambling that some contending team would lose their starting QB during the preseason.
                            --------

Comment

Yeah ... yeah

... and then he knew the same team's star running back would go down and he'd get a great pick.

That's the ticket.

Comment

Working...
                              X