I'm glad Wentz escaped the season without any serious injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad Wentz escaped the season without any serious injuries

Does anybody know when the last time an Eagles' rookie QB started all games was?
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Think I heard the stat earlier this week that he's the first since McNabb in '08 to start and finish all 16 games for the birds.

Comment

Originally posted by TROGDOR View Post
      Think I heard the stat earlier this week that he's the first since McNabb in '08 to start and finish all 16 games for the birds.
      That sounds right, but McNabb wasn't a rookie in '08. I know McNabb didn't start all games his rookie season b/c Pederson was the starter at the beginning of the year.

I'm thinking you have to go back quite a ways further to find a rookie QB that started all of the games. In fact you might have to go back to when there was a 14 game season to find that.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I think none, jaws, Cunningham and Mcnabb were the only qbs to start all 16 . Not rookie seasons.

Comment

Mcnabb got benched against the ravens in 08.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember the name Davey O'Brien in 1939 was the last rookie QB to start and finish all of the games in a season.

Comment

I remember hearing that as well

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
              I could be wrong, but I seem to remember the name Davey O'Brien in 1939 was the last rookie QB to start and finish all of the games in a season.
              But I think the stat was rookie QB to open the season for the birds.

Edited to add: looks like he started all 11 games his rookie year and 11 the next year before retiring. Fun facts:

After two seasons with the Eagles, O'Brien retired from football to become an agent in the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI),[9] where he worked for ten years. After completing his training, he was assigned to the bureau’s field office in Springfield, Missouri. He was a firearms instructor at Quantico, Virginia, and spent the last five years of his FBI career in Dallas.
              Last edited by JuTMSY4; 01-02-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X