Listening to Roseman PC makes me ill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to Roseman PC makes me ill

It's hopeless with him running the show. He's Pete Campbell from Mad Men season 1.

We will never see a title with Lurie as owner.

God, Jeffy is Trudy isn't he.

Comment

Both 10-2 shows are absolutely slobbering all over Boy blunder's PC.

What planet am I on?

Comment

eh, drafting a good QB buys you years as a GM. Grigson is still in Indianapolis and he makes Roseman look like Bill Polian.

Comment

Grigson is getting canned. He's awful.

Roseman is a cockroach you just cannot kill. He will take Douglas out before he threatens his throne. Watch.

Comment

I'm really interested in knowing who will be running the draft. It should be Douglas. That's why they brought him in. Based on what we know, I have doubts that Howie's ego can take a back seat.

It's stupid because if Douglas does his job well, it makes Howie look good. One thing I've learned in the corporate world is to stay in my lane. Know what I'm good at and what I'm not as good at and rely on smarter people to help me with the latter. When we all succeed, we all get credit. It's pretty simple. Unless you have a gigantic ego, that is.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Based on the guys who have come and gone I think we know who will be running the drsft. Roseman is gonna protect that paycheck and has for a lot longneck re than he should have been allowed to.

That leopard will not change his spots. If he does I'll be absolutely speechless.

Lurie is incredibly dense to not have Roseman strictly work on contracts and trades and leave the draft and scouting to people like Douglas. It's counterproductive and makes building a winner fucking impossible.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-04-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I really think Lurie is the problem at this point. You can blame Roseman all you want (and I do) but Lurie is the one who has kept him in a position of power for however many years now.

I said this yesterday, but there is a good chance that within a few years, the Eagles will be the worst team in Philly. I don't think he will like that very much. Maybe it will be enough of an ego hit to start looking at things critically.

Comment

The type of owner everyone pines for is extinct. There aren't any Rooney/Kraft/Maras out there. Going forward, NFL owners will be businessmen and super fans (Bon Jovi maybe?). With that in mind, I'm OK with Lurie. I think he wants to win one bad enough to get good enough to get lucky.
                  Last edited by BigSlizz; 01-04-2017, 01:05 PM.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I don't doubt that he really wants to win a Super Bowl, but his judgement has been questionable. It's not a matter of desire, but skill. Look at the SB winners going back to 2000. There are a few outliers, but most have really solid, smart ownership and a FO that drafts really well. We have neither.

Comment

I think the power struggle over who drafts has muddied the waters too much for us to judge Howie. With the Cox draft, and this past draft, it seems like he's done alright even after drafting Watkins.

Of course, Lurie enabled FF/Chip/Banner to meddle in the drafts, so that's on him. I'm willing to let this current plan play out for a few seasons. I was pleasantly surprised by Pedey.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

He fact Roseman still has final say on draft day is all I need to know. They (we) are fucked for as long as Roseman is given that kind of power.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                          I think the power struggle over who drafts has muddied the waters too much for us to judge Howie. With the Cox draft, and this past draft, it seems like he's done alright even after drafting Watkins.

Of course, Lurie enabled FF/Chip/Banner to meddle in the drafts, so that's on him. I'm willing to let this current plan play out for a few seasons. I was pleasantly surprised by Pedey.
                          This draft has a chance to be really good. Not even talking about Wentz, but if they were able to "potentially" get two starting linemen and then depth in the back end of the draft...i'm okay with that.

Walsh looked like he could have been a solid back up middle linebacker but blew out his ACL. He would at least have been a special teams contributor and that's what you can hope for in the 6th or 7th round.

They just have to keep it up and not blow it. Blowing Marcus smith and assgalore in the first rounds has set them back a bit.

I think Smith is what he is and the same goes for assgalore...but they have one more season to surprise. At least, that's what I think but who knows what they do.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I think Mucus gets cut this year - maybe a cap casualty (not sure you get much there) or maybe a camp casualty, but in any event, he won't be in midnight green.

Comment

I think he needs another year. See Brandon Graham. It took him a while to develop.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X