Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All politics threads get shut down maybe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All politics threads get shut down maybe??

Treat them the same as any racist threads that are started. Politics hits too many raw nerves with people, quite often apparently it gets personal, and takes the fun out of the board. There's enough other places to discuss such things and sling mud.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

You're Prime Minister has the strength and courage of three Frenchman.

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
      Treat them the same as any racist threads that are started. Politics hits too many raw nerves with people, quite often apparently it gets personal, and takes the fun out of the board. There's enough other places to discuss such things and sling mud.
      Your mom gets shut down.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

BWAHAHAHA. Politics it is then
        Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

I don't know ....Momma jokes are pretty good stuff.

BWAHAHAHA. Politics it is then
          .....it's tough to beat a good momma joke...just ask 3I and DQ.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

True

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            .....it's tough to beat a good momma joke...just ask 3I and DQ.
            ... I find it easier to beat 3I's mom in a Guy LeFluer jersey, if that makes sense.

Comment

I thought IE

instituted that rule and officially closed off Lyme several years ago. Best thing that happened to the bored IMHO. Current events are what they are, but the rest just makes this place as miserable as the rest of the internet. Plenty of other places to go for politics.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                instituted that rule and officially closed off Lyme several years ago. Best thing that happened to the bored IMHO. Current events are what they are, but the rest just makes this place as miserable as the rest of the internet. Plenty of other places to go for politics.
                Thank you. You get it.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Your mom sales oranges and juice boxes at the local cockfights.
                  500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Trump just signed an executive order preventing you mom from leaving the country

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                    Your mom sales oranges and juice boxes at the local cockfights.
                    Because she provides so many "jobs" to men.
                    Last edited by Drama Queen; 01-29-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                      I've really appreciated this place as a politics-free zone as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
                        I've really appreciated this place as a politics-free zone as well.
                        If the Bogleheads board (great place for financial advice btw), which receives probably 50x the traffic of this board, can do it so can we!

If you want to see how moderators taking a "hands off" approach to political threads can ruin a board look no further than the Phish portion of PhantasyTour.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                          If you want to see how moderators taking a "hands off" approach to political threads can ruin a board look no further than the Phish portion of PhantasyTour.
                          And realize just how unoriginal some of the schtick going on here really is.

Comment

I have a healthy sized ignore list. I know whose shtick I don't get and so I choose to ignore it. Might help others not get so worked up if they did the same.

Comment

other boards have different categories for topics. eagles, nfl, sports, off topic, politics and are well moderated. Perhaps an idea is create categories - for example, when an eagles game is on, create a game day thread and comment in there, instead of 20 people creating whatever comes to mind and posting 20 threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X