No announcement yet.

Wentz hires QB coach (on his own dime?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz hires QB coach (on his own dime?)

snip:

Carson Wentz has hired quarterback guru Adam Dedeaux this offseason to help him with his mechanics, according to multiple reports.

Dedeaux, of 3DQB, is a former USC baseball player, assistant coach, and left-handed pitcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Dedeaux is the grandson of Rod Dedeaux and has trained multiple NFL QB’s, including Tom Brady and Drew Brees.

link: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ach-mechanics/

It's good he's taking initiative and getting started. Honestly, I don't know how common this is for QB to hire a personal coach in off season.

I hope it's not on his own dime

Comment

He should just invite the wideouts to Arizona to eat Cheetos and go to pool parties.

Comment

Why not? I hope it is.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

HE'S GOT ENOUGH DIMES.
          Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 02-07-2017, 01:58 PM.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            Why not? I hope it is.
            His employer needs to invest in his career improvement

Comment

I don't care whose dime it's on...I just want to see an honest effort at improvement. And something other than having dog toys thrown at him.

If Wentz had a more certain group of WRs at this point, I'd really like to see them working on timing. But it's a murky future, at least for the next several months.

Comment

They already did when they drafted him second overall and paid him well. It's now on him to live up to that status.

I don't know why you'd want the Eagles trying to develop someone anyway. They suck at it.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

curious

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
                  His employer needs to invest in his career improvement
                  Can they do it under the CBA? NFL/CBA rules bar certain offseason activities. Not sure if this qualifies.

Otherwise, I agree with you. They should give him every tool he wants/needs to succeed.
                  Last edited by JuTMSY4; 02-07-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Isn't the amount of time that QBs can work with their team's coaches during the offseason limited by the CBA?

If Wentz wants to get an early start on offseason work I think he has to hire his own guy.
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                      Can they do it under the CBA? NFL/CBA rules bar certain offseason activities. Not sure if this qualifies.

Otherwise, I agree with you. They should give him every tool he wants/needs to succeed.
                      I was wondering the same thing. If the Eagles hire the guy he might technically be considered an employee of the Eagles and that may break the rules.
                      --------

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                          I was wondering the same thing. If the Eagles hire the guy he might technically be considered an employee of the Eagles and that may break the rules.
                          Found this article about the isssue:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...evelopment-nfl
                          --------

Comment

sure looks like it

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                            I'm imagine that the team can "recommend" someone for him.

Comment

Doesn't appear this coach works on timing with teammates ... I think it's more about footwork ... where to hold the ball ... shit like that.
                              Last edited by slag; 02-07-2017, 04:08 PM.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X