Crack in the wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack in the wall?

I went to Cooperstown many years ago and a Phillies Pete Rose jersey and other related items were already in the memorabilia part of the Hall.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...17eH2M.twitter
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

JAYSUS!! I read the title of the thread and thought it was about something else. Pete Rose should be in Cooperstown.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

The NFL HOF is a joke but this take the cake

Rose is outdated by many years. If he doesn't ever get in so does the steroid players as well imo

Comment

I disagree...

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
        JAYSUS!! I read the title of the thread and thought it was about something else. Pete Rose should be in Cooperstown.
        Pete Rose does NOT belong in the HOF. Pete Rose, and nobody else agreed to a lifetime ban and in return MLB would no longer investigate his betting on baseball. When you agree to a lifetime ban you have no right to come out 30 years later and beg to be inducted. He needs to accept what he agreed to.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
          Pete Rose does NOT belong in the HOF. Pete Rose, and nobody else agreed to a lifetime ban and in return MLB would no longer investigate his betting on baseball. When you agree to a lifetime ban you have no right to come out 30 years later and beg to be inducted. He needs to accept what he agreed to.
          There's merit to your argument. I just believe that on his time as a player he should be in. Do it posthumously then so he is not able to for lack of a better term "enjoy" the induction. Does the MLB HOF have a personal character clause? Some of them do I know.
          Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
            There's merit to your argument. I just believe that on his time as a player he should be in. Do it posthumously then so he is not able to for lack of a better term "enjoy" the induction. Does the MLB HOF have a personal character clause? Some of them do I know.
            We can all agree that Rose is a HOF'r. I'd be okay if they inducted him posthumously. I just don't want him to profit from it while he's alive.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
              HE BELONGS IN THE HALL, HIS PLAY AND ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE GAME, WHEN HE WAS A PLAYER, FAR EXCEEDS WHAT A H.O.FAMER IS.

HE'S NOT ALLOWED TO GO BECAUSE OF HIS ACTIONS AFTER HE RETIRED AND BECAME A COACH.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Why not? What's the skin off your ass?

He comes across as a jerkoff ... but after he delivered the attitude that put the Phillies over the top, he became my jerkoff.

Gaylord Perry cheated while playing ... loading balls with Vaseline ... Orlando Cepeda was inducted after smuggling drugs.

Fuck it ... put him in.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  Why not? What's the skin off your ass?

He comes across as a jerkoff ... but after he delivered the attitude that put the Phillies over the top, he became my jerkoff.

Gaylord Perry cheated while playing ... loading balls with Vaseline ... Orlando Cepeda was inducted after smuggling drugs.

Fuck it ... put him in.
                  No, don't put him in. Or compromise and put him in after he's dead. Why doesn't anyone understand that Pete Rose (Not Bart Giomanni) agreed to a LIFETIME BAN FROM BASEBALL. Pete made his bed and now he's got to sleep in it.

Comment

Uh, get it straight ... Rose agreed to be placed on baseball's ineligible list ... and can, and has, applied for reinstatement ... and been rejected to date.

EDITED TO ADD: In fact, when he agreed to it, he expressed his intention to apply for reinstatement.

Prior Commissioners have failed to act on his applications ... Manfred issued a written rejection ... which implies there could be reinstatement if the Commissioner chose to do so.

So, stop with your attempt to make hay about his "plea bargain" as something etched in stone.
                    Last edited by slag; 02-10-2017, 07:42 PM.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                    X