X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    Seriously?? This is real??
    Okafor is total shit.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
      Typically...Pt for a torn meniscus can take a couple months and maybe longer. If after that time there is no improvement surgery would probably take place. I think it's been about a month. Unless it's bad enough that surgery is needed.

I'm not a doctor but my job has me see surgeries constantly. If there is one meniscus surgery... Another one almost always seems to follow.
      I believe they have already attempted the non surgical PT only approach and it hasn't worked.

I'm one of the biggest advocates for PTs in the world (I work with PTs daily, have presented at the APTA, have a sister who is a PT and am divorced from a PT) but they can't work miracles... especially when it comes to elite athletes.

I link a study indicating an average return to play time of 8.5 months for NFL players having a partial meniscectomy I don't know how bad Embiid's injury is but if he is going to need surgery, better to do it now rather than later.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24914032
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        I believe they have already attempted the non surgical PT only approach and it hasn't worked.
        i think it's been a month. maybe that's enough time...but from what i've seen they usually give it a couple months of pt first.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Did Facebook tell you that?

Honestly, where did you get that?
          Bio I saw says he's been a trainer for 22 years.
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I'm one of the biggest advocate for PTs in the world (I work with PTs daily, have presented at the APTA, have a sister who is a PT and am divorced from a PT) but they can't work miracles... especially when it comes to elite athletes.

I link a study indicating an average return to play time of 8.5 months for NFL players having a partial meniscectomy I don't know how bad Embiid's injury is but if he is going to need surgery, better to do it now rather than later.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24914032
            I can totally see these idiots trying the PT route until July...then it doesn't work and he ends up missing the first 2 months of the regular season. What a TERRIBLE FO.

Comment

Okafor is total shit.
              https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/s...08072954925056

Comment

i think it's been a month. maybe that's enough time...but from what i've seen they usually give it a couple months of pt first.
                It all depends on the severity of the injury and neither of us know that. I'll admit I'm just skeptical about the Sixers.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

That is the worst basketball I've ever seen from anyone, anywhere, ever. I'm including my nine year old daughter's performance at the church free throw competition when I say that. She wasn't good, but dammit, she cared.

So much for upping his trade value. Okafor just cemented his status as the single worst player in the NBA. It's now an etched in stone, forged in steel matter of peer-reviewed settled science.

And to think, a week ago they could have gotten a late first or a couple of second rounders for him. Nobody in their right mind will ever offer anything close to that again for him. Not even Magic.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    That is the worst basketball I've ever seen from anyone, anywhere, ever. I'm including my nine year old daughter's performance at the church free throw competition when I say that. She wasn't good, but dammit, she cared.

So much for upping his trade value. Okafor just cemented his status as the single worst player in the NBA. It's now an etched in stone, forged in steel matter of peer-reviewed settled science.

And to think, a week ago they could have gotten a late first or a couple of second rounders for him. Nobody in their right mind will ever offer anything close to that again for him. Not even Magic.
                    It's pathetic. How does a guy with such a talent just waste it? I've never seen such laziness.

Comment

He might be able to get away with that in some cities, but not Philly. The guy is playing for his next opportunity/contract. Most guys at least try hard at that point and then quit once they get paid.

As far as Embiid goes, they need to do whatever they need to do to ensure he is ready to go game one next season. If Embiid and Simmons aren't both starting the opener next year then I don't even know what to say. I hope this is just tank with a side of precaution as snake says.

I just have the feeling now that Embiid will never be consistently healthy.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                      X