The Brandin Cooks Pipe Dream Might Come True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brandin Cooks Pipe Dream Might Come True

I know a few on here were hoping they'd try to get New Orleans to move Cooks.

Per Mort, the Eagles and Titans have engaged in talks with the Aints about Cooks.

The price has to be a 1st, right? Unless the 'aints want Jagholor or Matthews or something. And even then, still a 1, right?

Also, Ian Rapoport is saying something about trade talks for Chase Danielle. Howie is just throwing shit at the wall.
    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-02-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I'm not trading a first for Cooks if I'm them. I haven't been looking at mocks - does it look like Williams or Davis will be available. I'd rather draft one of them.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Only thing is that Cooks is 23 and his production speaks for itself.

They might have to trade up for Williams not sure about Davis.

Idk, getting Cooks and Jeffrey would make the WR a 1000 times better, then draft heavy on CB/RB/OL/LB.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post

Idk, getting Cooks and Jeffrey would make the WR a 1000 times better, then draft heavy on CB/RB/OL/LB.
          Cooks and Kenny Britt. Britt would cost much less than Jeffery and he's a good wideout. Not great but good.

Cooks gives them that legit deep threat they need. If it is the 1st (which I would think it's probably a second and a 4th next year) I would do that in a heartbeat.

Then they can go RB, CB, O-line, D-line or Linebacker...because they need help at all of those positions.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Nothing higher then a second, and one of the tradables; Kendricks, Kelce, or whatnot!
            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              The price has to be a 1st, right? Unless the 'aints want Jagholor or Matthews or something. And even then, still a 1, right?

Also, Ian Rapoport is saying something about trade talks for Chase Danielle. Howie is just throwing shit at the wall.
              I knew he would try. Denver for a conditional 2018 draft pick is my guess.

Comment

to be clear

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                I'm not trading a first for Cooks if I'm them. I haven't been looking at mocks - does it look like Williams or Davis will be available. I'd rather draft one of them.
                I agree. I just think that's the starting price. Cooks is very boom and bust. Frankly, his production is less than DJax and they're very similar otherwise. Cooks is obviously younger, but he also played with an HoF QB. If it's a player deal, I'd talk, but I wouldn't give up any significant picks.

Comment

I agree. I just think that's the starting price. Cooks is very boom and bust. Frankly, his production is less than DJax and they're very similar otherwise. Cooks is obviously younger, but he also played with an HoF QB. If it's a player deal, I'd talk, but I wouldn't give up any significant picks.
                  Their D is atrocious. Throw up Kendricks and/or Barwin with a later round pick.

Comment

I'm not giving up a 2nd for him. I'd rather have Kupp or Westbrook with that pick anyway.

Comment

Jesus that's the official pipe dream. The both of them would make this offense one billion times better. Get some OLine depth in the draft and maybe a lower tier FA.

Comment

I am with ya man. Like nerd said Britt could be a good pick up as well. Gotta get Senior Wentz some weapons man!

Comment

Brees is a HOF QB, but he and Payton are known for spreading the ball around. Over recent years, every Saints WR is boom or bust on a game to game basis because they don't really force feed anyone, especially after Graham left.

I think Cooks' numbers would be more gaudy if he played in a system. I wouldn't trade multiple high picks for him, and I do think Williams/Davis will be good players, but Cooks would be a solid addition IMO.

Comment

looking at stills' splits, it doesn't seem like he's boom or bust. his production is very similar at home vs. on the road and wins vs. losses, with very little production coming in blowout wins or losses. from this perspective, and considering age and injury history, i think cooks is probably bit more reliable than jackson.

but i agree that it's all about the price.

Comment

I am with ya man. Like nerd said Britt could be a good pick up as well. Gotta get Senior Wentz some weapons man!
                              Report say's Saint's want a mid 1st round pick, they smoking some good shit in New Orleans these days. He may bring a late 2nd if they are lucky, more like a 3rd and a non starting player.

Comment

Working...
                              X