Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DID ANYONE ATTEND THE USFL STARS BACK IN THE DAY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DID ANYONE ATTEND THE USFL STARS BACK IN THE DAY?

I HAD TWO BUDDIES THAT WENT TO EVERY GAME AND LOVED IT. THEY KEPT ASKING ME BUT I JUST NEVER WENT. THEY SAID THEY ALWAYS HAD A BLAST. KINDA WISH A WENT.

LOOKED UP ATTENDANCE FOR STARS. IN 1984 THEY HAD ALMOST 30K AVG.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Generals Baby~!

Only NJ football team ever..I followed them but never got to a game cause I had Eagles Tix!
    Last edited by TRENT; 03-04-2017, 11:04 AM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

STARS OWNED TRUMPS BUMS IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Comment

Yeah but Jersey always gets no teams,

and somehow foots the bill for the NY teams,,,so who cares I think I still have a Generals shirt,,,and ohh yeah Fuc Donald Duck!

Stars beat umm in both playoff games
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Yeah, I followed them closely and I attended two games(one in their first year and one the following year). I know they played the New Orleans Breakers in my second game but I'm drawing a blank on the first one...Tampa Bay Bandits? I know the first one was a showdown of undefeated teams and it rained like hell that day.

Unlike many USFL teams the Stars' lineup was quite talented in every facet. In fact, they had a slew of players who made an impact in the NFL when the league eventually went belly-up. I was upset when they bolted for Baltimore because they played a strong brand of football.

Comment

I went to a playoff game at Franklin Field in 1984 while I was working in Wilmington as a summer law clerk. It was OK.

Comment

Here ya go:

http://www.usflsite.com/stars.php
              Last edited by headknocker; 03-06-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

More Super 70s Sports

Although the USFL was not a creature of the 70s.

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/s...38582777679872
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

JIM MORA AND CARL PETERSON, NICE COMBO. BOTH WENT ON TO HAVE PRETTY GOOD CAREERS I'D SAY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                    JIM MORA AND CARL PETERSON, NICE COMBO. BOTH WENT ON TO HAVE PRETTY GOOD CAREERS I'D SAY.
                    Yup, and Dom Capers was the secondary coach. 31-5 was their regular season record while in Philly....pretty damn impressive.

I went searching online after you started this thread and it was indeed the Tampa Bay Bandits that I saw during my first Stars game. I remembered the game against the New Orleans Breakers(featuring Oklahama star BR Marcus Dupree) taking place on a beautiful Friday night and there had to have been at least 30,000 in attendance. They thumped the Breakers 35-0 and the crowd was really into it.

Comment

Working...
                    X