• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants sign Brandon Marshall

Nice sign for them

Damn. That blows.

Comment

He was basically going to sign there or retire. Probably signed for cheap too.

Comment

2 years, 12 mill.

Comment

2 years 12 mil

That is quite the receiving corp for ShEli

Comment

Maybe I'm just being a hater, but I just don't get scared by NYG.

Part of it is, that as of late, the Eagles always have their number, no matter how bad that year's Eagles' team is.

The other factors are that Eli has gotten more and more slackjawed as the years have gone on, McAdoo is a scrub, Beckham is an infant and they just seem to find ways to fuck it all up each year.

I know their expensive D upgrades played well last year, but they just seem like the type of team that will come up small in the clutch if they actually do make the playoffs.

Adding an old Marshall (who would be the best WR on the Eagles, but that's not saying much) whose heart is in the studio, not on the field doesn't make me fear them that much more. Plus, with Marshall's attitude history and Beckham being a baby, I could see a nice sideline blowup between those two at some point.

Comment

the marshall signing improves them

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post

Part of it is, that as of late, the Eagles always have their number, no matter how bad that year's Eagles' team is.

The other factors are that Eli has gotten more and more slackjawed as the years have gone on, McAdoo is a scrub, Beckham is an infant and they just seem to find ways to fuck it all up each year.

I know their expensive D upgrades played well last year, but they just seem like the type of team that will come up small in the clutch if they actually do make the playoffs.

Adding an old Marshall (who would be the best WR on the Eagles, but that's not saying much) whose heart is in the studio, not on the field doesn't make me fear them that much more. Plus, with Marshall's attitude history and Beckham being a baby, I could see a nice sideline blowup between those two at some point.
              But I generally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post

Eli has arguably had his best 3 year span the last three years. Marshall was excellent as a NYJ. That is cheap for a WR with his skills.

Though the Eagles have had Eli's number, this really helps them. Marshall>>>>>Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                  Eli has arguably had his best 3 year span the last three years. Marshall was excellent as a NYJ. That is cheap for a WR with his skills.

Though the Eagles have had Eli's number, this really helps them. Marshall>>>>>Cruz.
                  The Eagles aren't winning shit in the next few years either way, but I just don't believe in the Giants hype at all. When Eli stops taking bad grounding penalties and throwing up prayers with his head turned, maybe I'll be worried.

I might be wrong and they might win it all, who knows.
                  Last edited by Sect 236; 03-08-2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Yea he will play the slot for the gnats. They do'nt have any TE 's

Comment

Unfortunately they have won 2 Super Bowls in recent history with less talent.

I agree with your take though, just sucks to see them get better at a position we are awful at.

Doesn't help we have shit at CB as well...
                      Last edited by Big Little; 03-08-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

THEY JUST GOT BETTER..... AND IN PHILLY.........NUTHIN BUT CRICKETS.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                          THEY JUST GOT BETTER..... AND IN PHILLY.........NUTHIN BUT CRICKETS.
                          I'm guessing they're being pretty tight-lipped about their targets, since the cap space to sign them is entirely dependent upon guys they're trying to trade. When they start talking about deals being in place and teams know they absolutely have to move people like Kendricks, Kelce and/or Daniel (who they might otherwise still have some use for), they lose leverage.

Notice how the Eagles are the only team in the Cooks race who haven't made any reported offer to NO? I think the FO has their leaks under control this year.

Tomorrow should be a busy day.

[Leverage also works the other way. Some of the players the Eagles have been reported to have interest in may just be smokescreens put out there by the Eagles in order to make it seem that they have options. A lot of these reported offers are BS, IMO.]
                          NOTE: I didn't write the above. Did a reply get merged with my post? That was very strange.
                          Last edited by The Duck; 03-08-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

What the fuck are they supposed to do, they are broke. Something that would never happen under ratboy!
                            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                              [Leverage also works the other way. Some of the players the Eagles have been reported to have interest in may just be smokescreens put out there by the Eagles in order to make it seem that they have options. A lot of these reported offers are BS, IMO.]
                              NOTE: I didn't write the above. Did a reply get merged with my post? That was very strange.
                              You are correct, that was from me. Something weird happened in admin mode.
                              --------
                              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                              X