Well, just saw my first no pitch intentional walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, just saw my first no pitch intentional walk

I guess it only half counts because they threw the first two pitches.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

What does KG think?
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Stupid

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      I guess it only half counts because they threw the first two pitches.
      If they really want to speed up the game put in a pitch clock.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

That's an option

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
        If they really want to speed up the game put in a pitch clock.
        Here's the most interesting one I've read:

http://nesn.com/2016/03/bill-james-s...the-balk-rule/

James suggests that eliminating the bulk would remove several seconds, if not more, from each at bat. It makes sense, but it definitely fundamentally changes the game more than any other option

Comment

KG Flat Out LOVES It!!!

Now, if they would only adopt all my other rules changes........but, no, that's too much to expect at one time.

This is like your infant son or daughter taking that first baby step -- you love it and make a fuss over it, but you can't WAIT for what comes next.

Basebore has taken that first baby step -- so don't stop now, Commish!
          "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

All Right Georgie!!!

Now you're getting the idea!!!

(yes, I know YOU wre kidding -- but I'm not)
            "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

MAKE IT TWO STRIKES STRIKEOUT AND THREE BALLS FOR A WALK, AND FOULS ON THIRD STRIKE COUNT AS AN OUT.

OH I KNOW, ROCK PAPER SCISSORS BEFORE THE GAME TO SEE WHICH TEAM WINS IN A TIE GAME AT THE END OF NINE.

SPEED IT UP!!!! WOOOOOO! , OH BROTHER.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                MAKE IT TWO STRIKES STRIKEOUT AND THREE BALLS FOR A WALK, AND FOULS ON THIRD STRIKE COUNT AS AN OUT.

OH I KNOW, ROCK PAPER SCISSORS BEFORE THE GAME TO SEE WHICH TEAM WINS IN A TIE GAME AT THE END OF NINE.

They could easily run a computer simulation for the rest of the game based on the input data from one inning. We have the technology, there's no need for anyone to have to sit around and wait hours for the conclusion of a sporting contest. It's archaic. Speed it up already, we've got shit to do.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                  Here's the most interesting one I've read:

http://nesn.com/2016/03/bill-james-s...the-balk-rule/

James suggests that eliminating the bulk would remove several seconds, if not more, from each at bat. It makes sense, but it definitely fundamentally changes the game more than any other option
                  That's interesting. Over the last 5 years, here's the balk rate:

1 for every 1297 batters faced. (0.08%)
                  1 for every 301 inning pitched. (0.33%)
                  1 for every 17 games played. (5.8%)

Now, without the rule the question is how much would it affect the running game.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

You're a bored treasure
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Actually I was serious.

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                      Now you're getting the idea!!!

(yes, I know YOU wre kidding -- but I'm not)
                      the no-pitch intentional walk does not speed up the game in a significant way. However, the Bridgeton Invitational tournament has used a pitch clock for years. I think its 20 seconds. If the pitcher doesn't make his throw before the clock expires he is charged with a ball.

Definitely keeps things moving.
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

when I'm kidding he takes it to heart..

...and sulks like Kelly Pat having a suck worthless post pointed out. When I'm serious he thinks I'm kidding.
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

three fouls and yer out

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

we did that one as kids all the time.
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

But it's so much better to speed up the game by eliminating with a long-standing rule than to require players not to adjust their fucking batting glove between each pitch ... or for pitchers (as you say) to speed up their time between pitches.

I was watching a Mutts game up here last year that was in a rain delay and they were showing a tape of the '69 World Series ... the batter never left the box once he dug in.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                            X