Pope-esque parking restrictions in place already for Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope-esque parking restrictions in place already for Draft

WTF? They already are banning parking along the Ben Franklin Parkway. Why now? I remember people being really pizzed about the restrictions when the Pope came, but that seemed a lot more understandable to me. I would not want to be living or working around the Art Museum area right now.

Just dont get why this has to be done almost a month before the event.

So anyone planning on going?
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Me and Zubs were going but with the klutz out of action not sure now.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

This is not Chicago Bears fans

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      WTF? They already are banning parking along the Ben Franklin Parkway. Why now? I remember people being really pizzed about the restrictions when the Pope came, but that seemed a lot more understandable to me. I would not want to be living or working around the Art Museum area right now.

Just dont get why this has to be done almost a month before the event.

So anyone planning on going?
      We're talking Philadelphia. Look at these early numbers.

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level...re-200-percent

Comment

The whole thing looks like a gigantic cluster fuck to me. We had discussions of a group get-together, but the logisitics have been a bit sketchy.

The info so far says that there will be free parking at the sports complex, and that they encourage fans to use the subway. Seems like a good idea to me. A group could do a draft gayte in the lot and then head to the parkway area to do the fan town, or whatever the hell they call it.

But of course, there is a Phillies game at CBP on Thursday afternoon. That could make parking an interesting event.

Anyway, considering that I'd have to take time off from work to go (time that I really don't have much of), I'm leaning toward just sitting at home and watching on TV. It sucks, but I have to face reality sometimes.

Comment

that's not what I'm talking about

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
          We're talking Philadelphia. Look at these early numbers.

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level...re-200-percent
          Actually, I heard they might be expecting 200,000 people. That's freakin awesome. They are expecting lots of opposing fans from NY, Washington, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and other dirveable fan bases.

My point is why now nearly a month in advance?
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
            The whole thing looks like a gigantic cluster fuck to me. We had discussions of a group get-together, but the logisitics have been a bit sketchy.

The info so far says that there will be free parking at the sports complex, and that they encourage fans to use the subway. Seems like a good idea to me. A group could do a draft gayte in the lot and then head to the parkway area to do the fan town, or whatever the hell they call it.

But of course, there is a Phillies game at CBP on Thursday afternoon. That could make parking an interesting event.

Anyway, considering that I'd have to take time off from work to go (time that I really don't have much of), I'm leaning toward just sitting at home and watching on TV. It sucks, but I have to face reality sometimes.
            I CAN;;;;;;;;T MAKE IT DOWN EITHER.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
            X