Sixers:Best Case Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers:Best Case Scenario

Let's say the basketball Gods are on our side and we get the first and 4th picks in the draft - who do you take?

1. Take Fultz at 1, Tatum or Monk at 4?

2. Jackson at 1, Monk at 4?

3. Fultz at 1, Markkanan at 4?

Some other combo?

Fultz was court side at the Sixers-Nets game a few days ago. He's the perfect complement to Simmons and at this point is looking like the undisputed #1 pick regardless of who wins the lottery (besides maybe Phoenix).

I like Jackson but his shot is ugly.

People talk about Monk's defense but that can be coached up. That UNC-UK game really said a lot about his talent. He'd be filthy as a kick out option for Embiid/Simmons.

Comment

Any idea what the tiebreaker is when they finish with the same record as Orlando?

Comment

When two teams are tied, they take the average number of ping pong balls for their two positions.

For the Sixers and Magic it would be the 4th and 5th spots, which are 119 and 88 ping pong balls respectively. That comes to 103.5 each. Those two teams would then have a coin flip to determine who has 104 ping pong balls and who has 103 ping pong balls.

As convoluted as that all sounds, it's how it happens.

Comment

Another coin flip

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
          When two teams are tied, they take the average number of ping pong balls for their two positions.

For the Sixers and Magic it would be the 4th and 5th spots, which are 119 and 88 ping pong balls respectively. That comes to 103.5 each. Those two teams would then have a coin flip to determine who has 104 ping pong balls and who has 103 ping pong balls.

As convoluted as that all sounds, it's how it happens.
          Send Howie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
            Let's say the basketball Gods are on our side and we get the first and 4th picks in the draft - who do you take?

Some other combo?

Fultz and possibly Tatum at 4. Ball is going to go before Tatum, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post

Some other combo?
              Part of me wants to refuse to answer the question because I'm convinced that the league is going to rig this lottery so the Celtics-Lakers go 1-2 or vice versa.

That being said, I would probably go Fultz 1 and Monk at 4. I would really consider the guy from France at #4 too since I think he might have big upside and we might be trying to integrate too many new players next year as it is.

Comment

Working...
              X