Rhys Hoskins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhys Hoskins

No thread about this yet but what he's doing is incredible.

I'd like it if someone who knows more about baseball than I do could fill me in on this guy's potential.

I'm not the person you're requesting, but it would seem like we have a bonifide star in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      No thread about this yet but what he's doing is incredible.

I'd like it if someone who knows more about baseball than I do could fill me in on this guy's potential.
      Just want him back at 1st base where he belongs, to many things could go wrong in LF injury wise.

Comment

His potential appears to be a function of how we jinx the fuck out of him ... he's 0-3 today.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

well...that's pretty much the baseball equilalent of a 3 and out.

the bad news would be if this were just like dom brown's may-june 2013.

Comment

Just hit another homer.

Wow.

Comment

See? The reverse jinx at work ... I'm all about the karma.

Comment

Incredible!!

Comment

Also initiated a triple play.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1359819

Comment

It was a decent catch, particularly for a converted first baseman, but the triple play was a function of shitty baserunning more than anything he did, aside from looking like he dropped the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      well...that's pretty much the baseball equilalent of a 3 and out.

the bad news would be if this were just like dom brown's may-june 2013.
                      I never understood the hype about Dom Brown as anyone who has watched the game long enough could see he had glaring holes in his game.

If nothing else I love Hoskins' powerful compact swing. The kid's no joke offensively at this point but I'm curious to see how he makes out when he goes through the league the second time around.

Comment

I think what sets this guy apart from the Dom Brown/Darin Ruf/Tommy Josephs of the past, besides his smooth swing, is his approach at the plate.

Hoskins, like Crawford in the minors, has elite plate discipline, which is one thing that worries me about Alfaro, who does not. Nonetheless, the Phillies are shaping up to have a young core of hitters, both up now and still in the minors, who hopefully will be the next wave of players to put them in contension ala Utley/Rollins/Howard.
                        Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ml=y&mobi=true

Comment

Frighteningly effective reverse juju

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            See? The reverse jinx at work ... I'm all about the karma.

Ask for more rain in Texas.

Comment

We're good at that here. Especially Jinxworth.
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                              X