Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lombardi crushes Gomer

http://www.phillyvoice.com/former-gm...ever-seen/amp/

I somewhat agree. I think this will be his last season here.

Lombardi isnt exactly Ozzie Newsome himself.

Those in glass houses....

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      Lombardi isnt exactly Ozzie Newsome himself.

Those in glass houses....
      I'm not a Lombardi fan, but I also feel that Gomer is biting off way more than he can chew.

Comment

But he's our Gomer. Only we can talk shit about him like that.

Fuck Mike Lombardi with his grandpa's hardware.

Comment

He might be right, that being said a lot more coaches with better backgrounds have done a lot worse than Doug. I'm not that down on Doug. He fucked up here and there last year, I was worried after the Bengals game but I think he did OK for his first year. I just want to see growth. I try not to read into his press conferences too much, he comes off as an idiot.

Comment

Lombardi has been running his mouth trying to promote his blog. Its seems pretty clear he's burned all his bridges back into the NFL so he's a jilted whore with nothing to lose.

Reid was not even a glorified coordinator when he took over the Eagles job. How does an ex-GM forget that little fact?

The Eagles were a shit show in 2015, and with that being said, I though Peterson did a solid job. Wentz's "regress" coinsided with Johnson's suspension along with a constant reshuffle of the OL.

He provides the kind of off-the-cuff BS that is so old school lazy journalism.

There's a good chance the jilted whore sucks at this too.
            Last edited by Drama Queen; 09-05-2017, 12:24 AM.

Comment

EVERY HEAD COACH STARTED OUT BEING A FIRST YEAR HEAD COACH. IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD, AFTER MAKING THEIR MISTAKES THE FIRST YEAR, THEY LEARN FROM THEM. NOW IT'S TIME TO SEE IF HE LEARNED ANYTHING AND CAN BE A BETTER 2ND YEAR HEAD COACH.

AND SO ON AND SO ON.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I don't really agree at all. Gomer made some dipshit decisions last year, no doubt. However, his clock management was inspiring.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

http://m.philadelphiaeagles.com/news...a-247f572c4051

Here's a 180 degree outlook...

Comment

The Eagles were 0-6 in one score games last year I believe

The only thing I didn't like about Pederson was going for it on 4th down when he should have taken 3 points a few times. He had a rookie QB, a rookie RT after the first 3 games, almost no hope at WR--yet they lost at Dallas in OT--in really a game that shouldn't have reached OT; they were on the Giant 17 in NJ; they lost to the Skins by 7 in DC; the only games they were really outclasses in were Seattle, Cincy and GB and 2 of those were on the road--hardly anyone wins in Seattle and no matter who that Eagles coach is/was, they are almost always shit in Cincy. I think if the players tuned him out, they wouldn't have played 2 of the last 3 games as hard as they did.

As a Philly sportswriter said, Pederson won more games in his first season then Lombardi's teams averaged in his last 4 years in Oakland and his stay in Cleveland.

Comment

I wonder if going for it on 4th down was his way of setting expectations for the rookie QB. Common sense would say take the 3 points, but he was telling Wentz, "Look, I expected you to convert that 3rd down. Now go out there and do it again."
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                        I wonder if going for it on 4th down was his way of setting expectations for the rookie QB. Common sense would say take the 3 points, but he was telling Wentz, "Look, I expected you to convert that 3rd down. Now go out there and do it again."
                        Pederson was mic'd up during a game last year and was talking to some coaches about how he likes to go for it on 4th and short past the 40 because it impacts the psyche of the defense. It was a game they won(and converted the 4th down) but I remember thinking "uh oh".

Comment

I HAVE NO ISSUES GOING FOR IT ON 4th AND SHORT. IT'S ONE OF THEM PLAYS THAT IF IT WORKS, BRILLIANT, IF NOT IDIOT.

IT ALSO DEPENDS ON WHAT'S GOING ON AT THAT POINT OF THE GAME AS WELL.
                          PLAY BALLS OUT, F- IT.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                            http://www.phillyvoice.com/former-gm...ever-seen/amp/

I somewhat agree. I think this will be his last season here.
                            Sour grapes, guy got fired by the Eagles and lasted what 2 months with the Brown's, who is he to talk. I am not a big Pederson supporter but he came in to Chip Kelly's mess and went 7-9 with a rookie QB.

Comment

Working...
                            X