X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gomer deserves more credit than he's getting

Counterpoint to the Lombardi comments

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ml=y&mobi=true

HE WAS 'RAISED' UNDER ANDY. WAS TAUGHT BY ANDY, IF HE CAN DO WHAT ANDY DID, I'M IN.

ONLY TIME WILL TELL.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
      Counterpoint to the Lombardi comments

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ml=y&mobi=true

I think this year is either going to be the start of his legacy or the end of his head coaching career.

He has both more experience and talent than he had last year, if he gets these guys deep into the playoffs, (which he should) then 'm happy, if they lose to teams they should beat, I doubt he is here the following year and I doubt he gets picked up by anyone else, at least not in an HC capacity.

As far as calling plays being a requisite for an HC, did either John Harbaugh or Ron Rivera call any plays when they were here?

Comment

So, you're ok with years of coming thatclose? I'm not. If he's a Fandy clone, we're fucked. If he continues to call plays, we're fucked.
        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

He hasn't done shit. Lombardi is an ass. Between the 2 of them: wasted "journalistic" space.
          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
            So, you're ok with years of coming thatclose? I'm not. If he's a Fandy clone, we're fucked. If he continues to call plays, we're fucked.
            Sounds like someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning.

Comment

HOW FAR HAS THIS TEAM GONE SINCE HE LEFT? I'LL TAKE PLAYIN IN NFC TITLE GAME OVER WHAT IT'S BEEN LAST 8 SEASONS. DAMN RIGHT. WHO WOULDN'T?

Comment

Dude. WE are getting OLD. I'd like to see ONE fucking Lombardi hoisted and rolling down Broad Street before I kick the bucket! Ain't happening with the current regime!
                WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Actually, no one did. Tell me how or why I'm wrong. And what exactly does pissing in Cheerios sound like?
                  WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

The post-Reid era has certainly made me appreciate more what we had with him. Still, 50-something years and counting so close isn't good enough. Would I take Reid 2.0 - sure. Would I be satisfied with the same result? No.

Lombardi strikes me as sour sally ex-GM.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He hasn't done shit. Lombardi is an ass. Between the 2 of them: wasted "journalistic" space.
                      IT'S BEEN ONE YEAR. AFTER THREE YEARS IF HE'S NOT IMPROVING, TIME TO GO, BUT I THINK HE WILL, LEAPS AND BOUNDS.
                      Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 09-05-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

good points. as much as the lombardi article seemed to be filled with inconvenient truths, a coach as bad as the one he described wouldn't have won games against pittsburgh, atlanta, or even the giants last season.

Comment

Fuck 'at. I'm old, cranky AND impatient! Fuck this "on the job training" as a play-caller bullshit. NEXT!
                          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I have friends who are KC fans (non-Philadelphians). They LAUGHED when Fandy went. Not so much, now....
                            WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Reid has fatal flaws. Probably always will. But he's a good coach. Players like playing for him and are loyal to him. You could do worse, even if you never get the Lombardi.
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                              X