No announcement yet.

OT: Irma. Fuck you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been keeping an eye on this one. Any place that gets a direct hit is gonna have a whole lot of trouble. Could you imagine if the storm passes over Florida and heads to the gulf coast? It could intensify over the gulf!

I want it to stay well far away from here (NYC). Maybe we will be blessed and it will head out to sea. One thing to note is that Philadelphia is a little protected from storms of this nature.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by BirdsInNC View Post
      Ain't that the truth. Some of the before-and-after shots of the Houston area with the flooding are unreal. Lots of people down there lost everything. Co-worker of mine heard from a friend who works for our company down in St. Thomas. Said there's already 100mph sustained winds and the eye wall hasn't even made landfall yet. Crazy.
      I'm living here in Houston and just got back to work since Aug 25th.. The ironic part is my whole family lives in Miami

Comment

That's some of the concern around these parts. Depending on the angle it takes heading over Florida, it could head out over open waters if it makes a run up this way because of the way the coastline dips inward and us in the northern SC/southern NC coastal area stick out. And out 50 miles or so from our coast is the Gulf Stream which it could feed off of.
        "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Are you good where you're at in Houston? Overheard a few people in line behind me at the store yesterday talking about their family in Houston and how they were very lucky and stayed dry. Hope all's well. I think I read that Florida already issued a state of emergency and that some mayors in southern FL were already talking evacuation. Hope your family stays safe man.
          "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

If Irma isn't enough, enjoy her cousin, Jose.

Comment

Working...
            X