Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did Philly.com become a pay to read site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolls eyes
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
      Maybe you should, Philly.com has the best sports writers from The Inquirer and the Daily News. Much better then the schlock that comes from BGN, National writers, the Jersey sports reporters and many more. Its worth paying to get news in your area.

Edit: There are some pretty good writers at CSN just need to wade through the crap, also its real easy to delete cookies and read whatever you want.
      RARELY DO I READ ANYTHING FROM ANY WRITERS. DON'T WATCH THE NEWS EITHER.

I DO SEEK OUT ARTICLE'S WRITTEN BY SOME GUY WHO LIVES --ON THE GREAT WHITE SAND IN SOUTH JERSEY SHORE-.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
        Rolls eyes
        YUP. SOME THINGS THAT ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID DON'T DESERVE A RESPONSE.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Sounds good, thx
          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

CSN.com is a decent alternative
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              I hear you but you always had to pay for those things.

Once you get something for free for years it's hard to start paying for it. Unless we are talking about Medellin cocaine in the 70's.

If you're the only game in town you'll get the subscribers. But I think people will get their Eagles and sixers news elsewhere, unfortunately. Unless every eagle source out there also goes subscription model.

I paid $100 for the mcgregor Mayweather fight. Millions of people saw it for free. I'll likely subscribe because I'm an honest person for the most part and my family has a long history in the newspaper biz.
              There's too much free content out there, and most of it is faster to break news than Philly.com. Plus, paying for the right to read Marcus Hayes is just a bridge too far.

If we were talking about the Daily News of 20-30 years ago, this is a different conversation. When Hoffman's site is online, that's probably something I'll end up paying for.

Comment

In some ways it's a shame, but the truth is there are many passionate bloggers providing much more in-depth Eagles information than "traditional " journalists.

Internet Killed The Sal Pals.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                  ...pay six bucks for a greeting card, pay for junk food, cigarettes and lap dances...but God forbid you ask them to pay for news.
                  Why pay for news and quality journalism when you can just watch YouTube videos.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    Just tried reading an article and got a YOU HAVE REACHED YOUR MONTHLY LIMIT message.

Understand sites need to charge to stay afloat but am not sure I want to.

Edited to add: $1 for 4 weeks and then $3/week thereafter.

Just in time for football season!
                    You can't trust the fake news media anyway. Get your information direct from the source:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com

https://twitter.com/Eagles
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                    X