I Hate To Ssy It But It’s Over For This Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate To Ssy It But It’s Over For This Team

Hate to say it but I'm starting to think it's over for this team. Thank God they got one. My feeling is they have too many holes to fill got old in key positions and not enough good young players.

They got unbelievably lucky in 2017. Lucky with Foles, lucky with Blount, lucky with Patrick Robinson, lucky with Long. A bunch of short-term, stop-gap guys plugging holes created by lousy drafting stepped up and got us a ring. God bless them all, but they're gone now. This is what's left. A 6-10 team.

Comment

Agree, and we are 2 seasons from rock bottom.

Comment

Winning a championship takes a lot of luck.

2017 was magical. This is more of a 9-7 team right now. Where the 2017 team really got lucky was with capable backups at QB and LT. Losing either one of those typically ends a season. Winning without both is once in a lifetime.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 10-13-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
          Hate to say it but I'm starting to think it's over for this team. Thank God they got one. My feeling is they have too many holes to fill got old in key positions and not enough good young players.
          Wow, if you are jumping ship I’m worried.

Comment

Mostly agree, but I can't look at these next five games and see a path to 9 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
              I don't believe you. Specifically, the 'hate to say it' part.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                Mostly agree, but I can't look at these next five games and see a path to 9 wins.
                If the Jets hold on today, I think that bolds well for a 9-7 team winning the division. If DeSean comes back next week I could see them winning the next 2 games, and ultimately the division.

EDIT: Obviously relying so heavily on Jackson keeps them from being a team like KC that just plugs guys in in the absence of Hill and Watkins.
                Last edited by art vandelay; 10-13-2019, 05:41 PM.

Comment

It’s over.

Comment

Working...
                  X