Ramsey to Rams!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

Id be shocked if the won the Div,,,not many teams do that well after a SB loss...49 looking good,,,but its early in the year yet

I meant the Eagles still could win the division and hope to go on a run. Poorly written.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post

I meant the Eagles still could win the division and hope to go on a run. Poorly written.
      ohh yeah your right,,,we win this weekend and we have a real shot at that...Look Im all for the upgrade,,,just not that steep a price...
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

I first thought the Eagles should have done the deal, but now not so sure. Eagles could win the NFC East with what they have and a little luck and some help at corner. . Ramsey's rookie contract is up after this year and he will demand big dough. Beat the Cowboys this week, win the NFC East, see what happens in the playoffs. With or without Ramsay Rams are a long shot for the playoffs with 49ers and Seattle in the division. Eagles biggest problem in my opinion is bad drafts.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post

I'll take the #1 corner in the league for 2 potential starters (late round picks) and a 4th

I wouldn’t considering how much he’ll have to get paid on top of giving up the picks
          Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

with our front office its a crap shoot! but thats 3 starters
            Recent history shows its more likely to be a bust, a chump, and a jag off and not 3 starters.

#HOWIE

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Recent history shows its more likely to be a bust, a chump, and a jag off and not 3 starters.

#HOWIE
              #DIAMONDJOE

Comment

The rams paid an absurd price. I was worried about how far Howie would go with this. I wanted Ramsey but not at that crazy price . The eagles really need to get younger fast imo. TWO first round picks seems absolutely crazy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

I think this is the least likely explanation. This season is far from lost playing in the NFC east.
                  I think it's the most likely explanation. No one said the season was lost as in the Eagles are already out of the playoffs. But look at the way the Saints are cruising with their starting QB out. Trading for a CB isn't going to take the Eagles to that level.

This is the second straight year that the Rams have gone "all in." It doesn't make much sense when they're the third best team in their division.

Comment

I wouldn't have done that deal. It might make sense if you are sure to finish at the bottom of the first round both years.. Otherwise, it's too much for any one player.

Comment

Originally posted by Regal View Post
                      Two first rounders and a fourth. DAMN!!!
                      IMHO, the Eagles were right not to do this deal at that price. There was an earlier report weeks ago they offered 2 1sts for Ramsey and a 2nd. A CB might help your defense in 2-3 weeks after he learns the defense, but it wouldn't have helped them Sunday against the Cowboys. The Rams were foolish to give up that much. They just paid Goff an astronomical sum--and he threw for what--78 yards against the 49ers--AT HOME yet. That extension kicks in the same year as when Ramsey is due to be a FA; they're paying Donald and Gurley astronomical sums. Plus whatever their paying Woods and co at wide receiver. I think the rest of the league has caught up to the boy genius anyway--I mean, for al of his alleged offensive prowess--to only put up 7 against the Niners at home--and that follows the 3 points in the SB to the same team--except for the DC and one player--that the Eagles torched for 41 the year before. No they were smart not to give up as much as the Rams--but really, Houston set the bar giving up as much as they did for Tunstil.

Comment

Working...
                      X