Khalil Mack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khalil Mack

As he is the poster child for why the Eagles should’ve went all in on Ramsey, what exactly has he done in Chicago?? Not saying he isn’t a great player, but the Bears are no closer to a Lombardi with him. As with the Eagles, the Bears have holes that one guy no matter how talented can’t fix. I’m in complete agreement the Eagles drafting recently leaves much to be desired, but I have to hold out hope that we start getting this right on draft day.

I'm not as high on Ramsey as some, although I do think the Eagles have a massive issue at CB and their drafting leaves something to be desired in the secondary, but Khalil Mack ain't the hill to die on bud.

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
      As he is the poster child for why the Eagles should’ve went all in on Ramsey, what exactly has he done in Chicago?? Not saying he isn’t a great player, but the Bears are no closer to a Lombardi with him. As with the Eagles, the Bears have holes that one guy no matter how talented can’t fix. I’m in complete agreement the Eagles drafting recently leaves much to be desired, but I have to hold out hope that we start getting this right on draft day.
      Mack has more sacks than all of the Raiders combined since he left.. not a good comparison. I am with Jut on Ramsey and I am glad we didn't mortgage the future for him, even though apparently this FO doesn't know how to draft.

Comment

Mack made that defense legit. It has been insane since his arrival. Chicago is a pretty good team lacking a decent QB and were a double doink away from a playoff win.

Yes it is a lot to give up for Ramsey or Mack but forget the 4th for a second since this team can't draft for shit anyways and you could get that pick back by trading someone or even not resigning Darby and getting it in the form of a compensatory pick. Isn't it really like giving up only one 1st round pick since you would have used one (let's say) this year in the 1st round on a CB meaning you really only gave up one other pick as you got value for one of your 1sts in the form of one of the young top CB in the league. (next year's price tag i assume may have been an issue as well but one thing Howie is good at is cap management so I am sure he would have made it work)

Ramsey being so young could have been a stud for 6-8 more years (hopefully). But it is the NFL and it's always a gamble with injuries and what not. I have been all in on Ramsey from the get go but after the last 3 games or so, this team needs way more than just 1 CB to be a legit SB contender this year. Ya we can probably win the NFC East and you never know what can happen in the playoffs but it may be difficult to win a chip this year with this defense and some issues offensively.
        Last edited by Spartan92; 10-16-2019, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Mack has crushed it in Chicago. They’re absolutely closer to a Lombardi than they were before he arrived. They were a legit SB contender last year and still could still make a playoff run this season. They just need average QB play.

The point I would make would be that it’s harder for a CB to impact the game than a DE.

Comment

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact the one player no matter how good is worth mortgaging a decent amount of the future, Mack is a beast and the case could be made that he’s the exception, only time will tell. At the start of the year I predicted another parade for the Eagles, and while everything is still possible, they got old quick in key areas and only solid drafts will fix the issues.

Comment

Young, Elite QBs, LTs, and DEs are unquestionably worth trading first round picks.

Wentz (really a trade up, but same diff) and Peters are recent examples.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                Young, Elite QBs, LTs, and DEs are unquestionably worth trading first round picks.

Wentz (really a trade up, but same diff) and Peters are recent examples.
                Seriously.

Two firsts for a great player really isn't crazy given the probability that at least one of those firsts would be a complete bust. What does factor in are the rookie salaries that you hear so much about. But I doubt that the Bears really care right now that they're paying Khalil Mack what they're paying him.

That being said, the Rams are looking at 5 straight years without a first round pick. That's pretty crazy. Maybe it's a shift from when they got all those picks in the RGIII trade and, unless I'm mistaken, none turned into really good players.
                Last edited by art vandelay; 10-16-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

The Eagles don't have Mitch Trubisky at QB
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    The Eagles don't have Mitch Trubisky at QB
                    Imagine that defense paired up with a Mahomes or Watson led offense instead. Man, they've gotta be kicking themselves.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Imagine that defense paired up with a Mahomes or Watson led offense instead. Man, they've gotta be kicking themselves.
                      Whenever I think of all of the running backs we missed in that draft, I think of the Trubisky trade-up and feel a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                        Mack has crushed it in Chicago. They’re absolutely closer to a Lombardi than they were before he arrived. They were a legit SB contender last year and still could still make a playoff run this season. They just need average QB play.

The point I would make would be that it’s harder for a CB to impact the game than a DE.
                        Not with their QB situation. There aren't going to be any more Trent Dilfers. The rules favor the offense too much to win with a QB who can't take advantage of that fact. Even the Seahawks and Broncos had Wilson and (old) Manning respectively, who aren't exactly bums. Even if the defense takes over in the SB, you still need a good QB to get there.
                        Last edited by Melchior; 10-17-2019, 08:43 PM.
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post

Not with their QB situation. There aren't going to be any more Trent Dilfers. The rules favor the offense too much to win with a QB who can't take advantage of that fact. Even the Seahawks and Broncos had Wilson and (old) Manning respectively, who aren't exactly bums. Even if the defense takes over in the SB, you still need a good QB to get there.
                          Trubisky sucks but if Nagy can get him to be Goff, which he kind of did last year, the Bears are a contender.

2015 Peyton Manning threw 9 TDs to 17 INTs. I'm not expecting the Bears to win the SB but it's possible to ride that good a defense. Wilson was already good in 2013 but the Seahawks weren't really relying on him in the playoffs.

Comment

Manning was legit awful in 2015. Brock Osweiler came in and got them the wins for the playoffs.

Comment

Amazing - https://twitter.com/cdotharrison/sta...281315840?s=20

Comment

Working...
                              X