Darby update: dislocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darby update: dislocation

Sources: #Eagles CB Ronald Darby has suffered a dislocated right ankle. X-Rays were negative. MRI to check for ligament & tendon damage. - via Ian Rapoport

I'm guessing at least 8 weeks. Who knows...
    Last edited by Ground_Meat; 09-10-2017, 05:18 PM.

Initially I thought it was his Achilles.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

"No impact or cutting exercises/activities for 3 months post-op."
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

For such a gruesome injury, I think this is decent news.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
          "No impact or cutting exercises/activities for 3 months post-op."
          ???

Comment

It all depends on the extent of the ligament and/or tendon damage.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

8 weeks for Cramps???

unheard of
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

High ankle? Throw some dirt and duct tape on it. Come back after the bye week.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Read it again
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                    ???
                    It's hard to find anything specifically for a dislocation without fracture/ligament damage, but he's probably gone for the season.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                      It's hard to find anything specifically for a dislocation without fracture/ligament damage, but he's probably gone for the season.
                      Without a fracture, it's basically a bad sprain, no? 8 weeks...?

Comment

Maybe? I hope so. The only page that looks credible says 12 weeks post-op, but that's with a fracture AND ligament damage.

Comment

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...910-story.html

Comment

RG3 coming back after 6 is encouraging, but he wasn't a CB either. I'm more concerned with ligament damage considering how badly it was turned. This sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                              Without a fracture, it's basically a bad sprain, no? 8 weeks...?
                              I'm not optimistic. Dislocation implies a lot of ligament and/or tendon damage. Also ankle sprains can be more difficult to return from than fractures. He could be done for the year.
                              --------
                              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                              X