Wentz was awful tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    Wentz isn't perfect... My main problem with him is his inability to see the field at times and not take his checkdowns in the flats. Gets too greedy and tries to make the homerun play. That and locking onto one receiver are his biggest problems as a QB
    He lacks touch and doesn't throw a good jump ball, either. Which isn't a great problem to have on a team of big, slow jump ball pass catchers.

Comment

He wasn’t good today, but it’s hard to put the loss squarely on his shoulders. Something is rotten in Denmark. Gotta hope everyone can get healthy and make a difference in the second half of the season, but the starts to games are very concerning. Johnson was bad today. Defense was awful. Howie probably needs to make a move or two by the deadline coming up.

Comment

It sucks that Wentz embarrasses you into defending him each week. I love the guy and am perfectly happy.

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post

I suggest you actually watch and learn football b/c your a rguments are an embarrassment week after week
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Some will defend him at all costs. It doesn’t matter. He’s been horrendous.
          it’s hard to have success at that position when you get a clean pocket once every 3 drop backs. That may be generous, actually. OL is a flat out disgrace right now.
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-21-2019, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            The two of you are so clueless ... 70 percent of the QB's in the league would have been sacked 15 times tonight.

Oooh ... he made a bad throw ... nobody does that.

Ooooh he took his eye off the snap in a game when his line can't block anyone and they're losing by 20 with 11 minutes to go.

He's horrendous

EDITED TO ADD: I noticed you didn't play this boring schtick until he made a couple of bad plays when the game was totally out of hand.
            100% correct no QB in the league could have played well under tonight's conditions

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
              It sucks that Wentz embarrasses you into defending him each week. I love the guy and am perfectly happy.

It sucks that you don't recognize when your own schtick is being thrown back at you. Fuck that ginger pimple faced conceited holy roller.

EDITED TO ADD: And before you tell me you didn't call him that ... my use of "you" here means all of hata-ville ... or is it faux hata-ville?
              Last edited by slag; 10-21-2019, 07:50 AM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                I like Carson. The team they've built around him is completely wrong. They have big, power-forward type jump ball players. Carson throws darts and lasers, not jump balls.

This is a horribly, horribly constructed football team.
                I like Wentz, but, he holds the ball too long most of the time. There’s a reason the teams with QB’s who get rid of the ball quick enjoy consistent success.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

I like Wentz, but, he holds the ball too long most of the time. There’s a reason the teams with QB’s who get rid of the ball quick enjoy consistent success.
                  You see lots of guys running short patterns he's missing? You see Pederson running those plays and open guys being ignored? I'm not being sarcastic here ... I'm seriously asking.

EDITED TO ADD: Who's the Edelman here that he's not hitting on quick slants and digs?
                  Last edited by slag; 10-21-2019, 08:01 AM.

Comment

You see lots of guys running short patterns he's missing? You see Pederson running those plays and open guys being ignored? I'm not being sarcastic here ... I'm seriously asking.

EDITED TO ADD: Who's the Edelman here that he's not hitting on quick slants and digs?
                    So when Wentz starts playing well, does he get the credit, or does it go to Pederson for calling the plays and the receivers for getting open?

Comment

Straw man my fucking ass ... I was only referring to your "horrendous" analysis tonight ... although I have a feeling that's your opinion in general ... as for my "McNabb doesn't suck?" sarcasm, that refers to the same shit he took here, whether from you or not ... and if you think this guy isn't as good as McNabb, I don't know what you're watching and this is coming from perhaps the biggest McNabb defender on this board
                      https://igglephans.com/iggboard/foru...-wentz-cousins

Just read the thread. Two posts in a row you say that Wentz "sucks" in response to people saying McNabb > Wentz. That is the definition of a straw man.

And no my feeling in general isn't that Wentz is horrendous. Again, that's something I never said, and something that is basically impossible to think about a QB who is obviously a quality starter. See my other post in that thread where I say Wentz doesn't suck, but isn't as good as McNabb.

I'm not sure why you'd be upset over me saying Wentz isn't as good as McNabb. You went ballistic last year when people said McNabb didn't deserve do have his number retired. Wentz needs to have multiple Pro Bowl/playoff seasons before he can be considered as good as McNabb.

Comment

From Roob's 10 observations about the game last night...

Number Nine... Number Nine...

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...s-observations

9. It’s hard to evaluate Carson Wentz because he wasn’t getting any help from anybody, but two lost fumbles and an interception and just 10 completions for 186 yards adds up to one of the worst games of his career. He’s always played great against the Cowboys. This one was a disaster.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

https://igglephans.com/iggboard/foru...-wentz-cousins

Just read the thread. Two posts in a row you say that Wentz "sucks" in response to people saying McNabb > Wentz. That is the definition of a straw man.

And no my feeling in general isn't that Wentz is horrendous. Again, that's something I never said, and something that is basically impossible to think about a QB who is obviously a quality starter. See my other post in that thread where I say Wentz doesn't suck, but isn't as good as McNabb.

I'm not sure why you'd be upset over me saying Wentz isn't as good as McNabb. You went ballistic last year when people said McNabb didn't deserve do have his number retired. Wentz needs to have multiple Pro Bowl/playoff seasons before he can be considered as good as McNabb.
                          Please ... a straw man is when someone is making a serious argument that is beside the point ... not when someone is sarcastically disagreeing with your player evaluation.

EDITED TO ADD: You comparing Wentz in his 3d year ... which, considering the injuries isn't really his 3d year ... to McNabb's career is so apples to oranges its part of why I pissed on your conclusion. The other part is because the eye test doesn't back it up either.
                          Last edited by slag; 10-21-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Roob is right.

However I think I’m missing the part where Wentz always plays great against the Cowboys. He had a good quarter against them last year.

Comment

Please ... a straw man is when someone is making a serious argument that is beside the point ... not when someone is sarcastically disagreeing with your player evaluation.
                              A straw man is when you refute an argument that was never made. I never said Wentz or McNabb sucked. I never said one being worse than the other implied sucking.

Comment

A straw man is when you refute an argument that was never made. I never said Wentz or McNabb sucked. I never said one being worse than the other implied sucking.
                                You're so misconstrued. How's this for a straw man ... McNabb is better than Pat Mahomes ... the game is an individual sport.
                                Last edited by slag; 10-21-2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X