Interesting tweet from the GREAT LES BOWEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting tweet from the GREAT LES BOWEN

I post this because I have the same sentiment that Les has here.

I don't think Wentz has been dealt a fair hand here at all, talentwise, but I do puzzle over how debacles like last night happen under his leadership, and the leadership of other key Eagles. Something isn't getting through to the troops
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Poor coaching
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

I was thinking the same thing last night. We all want Wentz to be an "elite qb" and he certainly has his moments, but he is still very reliant on talent around him. He's not at that Brady/Rodgers level where you can put just about anyone out there and he is so talented he's going to keep you in every game. That's not an insult. Just reality.

"Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

They've been in every game this year but that one (got close in the 3d Q of the Viking game only to have the defense shit the bed on the next drive) ... and Wentz has a bad game with a turnstile playing in front of him last night and the only "key player" Les ID's by name is Wentz? You like that defense?
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          I was thinking the same thing last night. We all want Wentz to be an "elite qb" and he certainly has his moments, but he is still very reliant on talent around him. He's not at that Brady/Rodgers level where you can put just about anyone out there and he is so talented he's going to keep you in every game. That's not an insult. Just reality.

You think the Packers looked good last year?

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

You think the Packers looked good last year?
            I'm sorry if I don't think Wentz is on the same level as Rodgers.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I'm sorry if I don't think Wentz is on the same level as Rodgers.
              Beside the point that shitty personnel can't always be raised to lofty heights.

EDITED TO ADD: Nor can shitty coaching ... the Packers dumped McCarthy (ironically) in favor of up and coming Matt LaFleur ... fixed their defensive front and lo and behold they're good again. LaFleur stated that they finally ran the new offense in the way he envisioned it yesterday when Rodgers hit 5 TD passes.
              Last edited by slag; 10-21-2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X