Poor coaching, no leadership, and no place for sentimentality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor coaching, no leadership, and no place for sentimentality

IMHO, those are the main things along with guys getting older at the same time are what is killing this team.

When Foles stepped in in 2017, the coaching staff looked back at film of what Nick did well in his prior stint, that’s great coaching and the results spoke for themselves. Wentz has all the tools to be what he was in 2017, the problem lies in he’s not getting coaching and the line play in front of him isn’t getting it done. Wentz isn’t playing great, no one could given the circumstances.

There’s some sort of “leadership committee” who the fuck is on it because this is rudderless right now, now it’s coming out guys being late for meetings, practices, Nigel Bradham simply blowing off a pre season game, no ramifications at all. But let’s go ahead and cut Zach Brown a week before the biggest game of the year simply for speaking the truth as he saw it, and no, Brown was at best mediocre but needed as no one knows how long Bradham is out for??

Signing Peters, Sproles, and Graham for what seems like a victory lap is criminal, as much as the Pats are hated, BB would cut Brady in a heartbeat if he was done without so much as a thank you. It’s a young man’s game.

Sanders back to back weeks puts a struggling offense in even worse position with brain dead returns out of the end zone.

You can’t cure stupid. The emotional intelligence on this team is laughable at best. Doug looks totally clueless, and the one thing you can’t coach is effort, I don’t see it pretty much anywhere.

This needs to be overhauled today. The how is up to them, what’s scary is they don’t seem to realize it, or even give a fuck. Thanks for 2017, but it’s 2019 and no one has improved.

Heartless effort in the biggest game of the year is more than just inexcusable but apparently in this locker room it’s fine.

Where did you see this stuff about late for meetings etc?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Where did you see this stuff about late for meetings etc?
      Lane Johnson said it.

Comment

Hmmm ... if true it's a problem ... being a players coach is ok until the inmates are running the asylum

Comment

Hmmm ... if true it's a problem ... being a players coach is ok until the inmates are running the asylum
          https://94wip.radio.com/eagles-lane-...-late-practice

Comment

Definitely true - but that's when you need strong leadership in the locker room. Wentz, Jenkins, Johnson, whoever, needs to step up. Wentz doesn't seem to have the locker room on lock down the way he did a few years ago. I could see where there might be a weirder dynamic now between the franchise qb and the players he is leading who have already reached the pinnacle without him. I'm not saying that should be a thing, but I could see where it might be.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Once this crap starts it is all downhill. Might also have something to do with injuries...maybe some guys are milking them.

Comment

They cut Brown in an apparent attempt to show who's boss ... but seems to me that it was neutralized by the coach doing the same thing for which he had laid down the law.

EDITED TO ADD: Isn't this fun? A return to the backbiting, abject speculation, and snark for which Igglephans is famous!!!
                Last edited by slag; 10-21-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Definitely true - but that's when you need strong leadership in the locker room. Wentz, Jenkins, Johnson, whoever, needs to step up. Wentz doesn't seem to have the locker room on lock down the way he did a few years ago. I could see where there might be a weirder dynamic now between the franchise qb and the players he is leading who have already reached the pinnacle without him. I'm not saying that should be a thing, but I could see where it might be.
                  Are these players really that short sighted? Without Wentz going off in that season we are not the #1 seed and doubtful we are in the Superbowl. I get your point but these fools "should" be smarter than that. I was a huge fan of Jeffrey however if he is causing this sort of drama we have no need for him in Green - time to move on. Trade him and Ags, f it lets stockpile draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post

Are these players really that short sighted? Without Wentz going off in that season we are not the #1 seed and doubtful we are in the Superbowl. I get your point but these fools "should" be smarter than that. I was a huge fan of Jeffrey however if he is causing this sort of drama we have no need for him in Green - time to move on. Trade him and Ags, f it lets stockpile draft picks.
                    Nobody’s taking AJ based on his deal sadly, guaranteed through 2020, as far as Ags, maybe the Pats do us a favor and trade a day 2 pick for him, he’s been tied to them according to some sites. If we’re going to sell, Seattle apparently is looking to trade for a TE, wonder what they’d offer for Zach now that he’s kind of checked out here.

Comment

Working...
                    X