OT: Worth a trip to Philly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Worth a trip to Philly?

Mentioned this elsewhere, but gotta ask...

I grew up in WI. Live in Denver now. Been an Eagles fan since I was a kid and going on a round-number birthday in a few weeks. My wife suggested going to Philly for the MNF game against the Gints, which sounded like a much better idea 10 days ago. Never been to Philly and haven't been to an NFL game in years.

Is there any redeeming value to the gameday experience at the Linc in December if the game is between two garbage 5 win teams playing out the string? We'd be in town for 3-4 nights, mostly doing tourist/holiday season shit to keep the wife happy, but the "highlight" is supposed to be the game.

Plan B is going to Nawlins to eat etoufee and get drunk.

Originally posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Mentioned this elsewhere, but gotta ask...

I grew up in WI. Live in Denver now. Been an Eagles fan since I was a kid and going on a round-number birthday in a few weeks. My wife suggested going to Philly for the MNF game against the Gints, which sounded like a much better idea 10 days ago. Never been to Philly and haven't been to an NFL game in years.

Is there any redeeming value to the gameday experience at the Linc in December if the game is between two garbage 5 win teams playing out the string? We'd be in town for 3-4 nights, mostly doing tourist/holiday season shit to keep the wife happy, but the "highlight" is supposed to be the game.

Plan B is going to Nawlins to eat etoufee and get drunk.
    Make something else the highlight if you go. Maybe catch a Sixers game. Downtown Philly during Christmas time is pretty great, even without football.

Comment

That something else is easy. GAYTE!

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Make something else the highlight if you go. Maybe catch a Sixers game. Downtown Philly during Christmas time is pretty great, even without football.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Philadelphia is worth visiting with or without a trip to the Linc.

I would say go and attend the game. Fans will be into a game against the Giants no matter what the situation is. If the team is still struggling you will be able to get tickets less expensively. It's not like the Giants are going to be making a run this year so I doubt many of their fans will be looking for tix.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
        X