Time to clean house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to clean house.

Where to start with this team? The defense is terrible. Is it the scheme? Do the coaches develop the younger players at all? Seems like it just gets worse each year. Not sure there is a single player on the D that the team should not consider trading for draft picks at this point. On offense outside of Ertz do we even have any play makers and every team knows they just need to double him and we have nothing else to fear. Not sure this team will have even one pro-bowler this year. Maybe Brooks. Seems like the older players are showing their age and the younger ones don't develop.

Then coaching. This and drafting seem to be the biggest problems. No player development with no year to year improvement. Play calling has either been horrible or extremely predictable since our "scripted" plays mostly result in 3 and out or a turnover. The defense is terrible. If we do get a team in 3rd and long its 50% or better they move the chains on us. Every other D plays right up on our wr's but the eagles play 10 yards off and never challenge.

I hope they are not buyers at the trade deadline. Just too many issues and unless the Eagles win the division there is no way to make the playoffs. One loss to cowgirls already and a second one is almost a certainty at this point. The next 4 games they may be lucky to win one. The only consolation was winning the SB which I thought may never happen but the luster is wearing off faster than I thought. Anyway I am feeling like the glass is near empty rather than half full. These last two losses being blowouts really exposed all the holes.

Oh, and whatever the philosophy is in the draft they need to chuck it in the trash bin. If things don't change I think Doug will not make it past next season. That SB buys time but the team is headed in reverse at this point.

When this team was 3-4 last season that's what everyone said--they were cooked--lost at Tampa Bay, and Tennessee where the D was absolutely horrible. Then, they played an AFC team on the road (although it was here in London)--they won that game to go to 4-4. But at that point, all of the prognosticators were saying there was only one team coming out of the division for the playoffs--but they made it, along with a WC win in Chicago. It is much too early to throw in the towel--they have home games against the Pats, Seahawks, Bears, Cowboys, Giants--their last 5 games are Fins, Giants (2X), Skins, and Dallas. The Cowboys still have road games against the Pats, Lions, Eagles, Bears and Giants and home games against the Rams, Vikings, Skins, Bills. I think after this stomping they did, it wouldn't surprise me if they started smelling their own farts and then fell.

I wrote in a post earlier, if they don't ,make the playoffs, it'll be time for coordinator changes in the offseason. Pederson is going nowhere; you don't fire a coach who brought you the first Lombardi in their history. Look how many years Reid had here--14--before the last 2 years were bad and Lurie had to fire him. I think you'll find it may be Howie going if the drafting doesn't improve.
    Last edited by bobbyuk; 10-22-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
      When this team was 3-4 last season that's what everyone said--they were cooked--lost at Tampa Bay, and Tennessee where the D was absolutely horrible. Then, they played an AFC team on the road (although it was here in London)--they won that game to go to 4-4. But at that point, all of the prognostIf icators were saying there was only one team coming out of the division for the playoffs--but they made it, along with a WC win in Chicago. It is much too early to throw in the towel--they have home games against the Pats, Seahawks, Bears, Cowboys, Giants--their last 5 games are Fins, Giants (2X), Skins, and Dallas. The Cowboys still have road games against the Pats, Lions, Eagles, Bears and Giants and home games against the Rams, Vikings, Skins, Bills. I think after this stomping they did, it wouldn't surprise me if they started smelling their own farts and then fell.

I wrote in a post earlier, if they don't ,make the playoffs, it'll be time for coordinator changes in the offseason. Pederson is going nowhere; you don't fire a coach who brought you the first Lombardi in their history. Look how many years Reid had here--14--before the last 2 years were bad and Lurie had to fire him. I think you'll find it may be Howie going if the drafting doesn't improve.
      I don't know who was responsible for the last two drafts but if it was more Howie than Douglass there needs to be a change before the next draft. Seems like our drafts are for depth and we just don't get any difference makers. Also if the cowboys beat the birds again (which seems likely) playoff chances are over. This next game will be telling on if there is hope left, another blowout loss forget it. Last season did look lost till Foles took over. Not saying he is more talented but he does run Petersons offense more effectively. The offense so far this season has been pretty bad and most of the same players are there and the RB group is probably better than last year as a whole but that's not a high bar to reach.

Comment

Looking at the schedule, 10-6 is not impossible, if they can get healthy... who knows if that's enough. Big games are Seattle and Dallas, need both of them.

Football is funny, you never know what's going to happen on the other teams either. There is a long way to go. You surely don't dump the team in the river.

Drafting has been abysmal, they don't see it though, which is concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by j1mmy View Post
          Looking at the schedule, 10-6 is not impossible, if they can get healthy... who knows if that's enough. Big games are Seattle and Dallas, need both of them.

Football is funny, you never know what's going to happen on the other teams either. There is a long way to go. You surely don't dump the team in the river.

Drafting has been abysmal, they don't see it though, which is concerning.
          Split the next 4, beat NYG 2x, foreskins, Dolphins and a huge game against dallas.

10-6

Comment

If the other divisions stay at their current pace 10-6 wouldn't even be enough for a wildcard. And the splitting the next 4 looks dicey right now.
            On the plus side the Cowboys have a decent number of challenges and aren't a lock to go over .500
            Arizona (I think?) and a couple others have gotten in at 7-9 before. Remember 2008 when a Jamarcus Russell-led team helped the Eagles sneak in?
            I know the Eagles are bad but with football I've never been able to give up until they drop from "in the hunt" to "mathematically eliminated"

Comment

Working...
            X