Winning or losing this weekend should have zero impact on what we do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning or losing this weekend should have zero impact on what we do

we're tops 2 games back,,,no time to throw in the towel,,especially when we have many starters coming back...If we can trade for a decent corner Tackle or Wr...we need to do it..wait til 1 day before the deadline,,,all the decent players will be gone..
    No room for quitters
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

No room for reality.

Comment

Lol... You think Ramsey will be able to get back on the field by then?

Comment

Hopefully this team gets on a run the second half of the season. I think we're good at WR. We could use some help on D though. We're in bad shape at LB and DT. If Darby and Mills stay healthy we're good at db.

Comment

Originally posted by maggsgsr View Post
          Hopefully this team gets on a run the second half of the season. I think we're good at WR. We could use some help on D though. We're in bad shape at LB and DT. If Darby and Mills stay healthy we're good at db.
          the only thing that bodes well for us this weekend is we're playing on grass...besides that Buff has always given us a hard time...The Crackheads are not a good team no matter who says what,,we just made them look ok. Tell you right now, when we get TJ back on the DL Line and DJ back on Offense,, things will change.....No room for Cry babies!
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
            we're tops 2 games back,,,no time to throw in the towel,,especially when we have many starters coming back...If we can trade for a decent corner Tackle or Wr...we need to do it..wait til 1 day before the deadline,,,all the decent players will be gone..
            No room for quitters
            I agree with this. I also don't think you try to part out the team. Roth said it earlier, but teams change so fast in the NFL, no one worth anything actually rebuilds. We didn't rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
              No room for quitters
              Put the crack pipe down. I agree that making moves at this juncture for THIS season is pointless, but this team is dogshit as currently constructed. It's now a matter of how bad.
              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

[I wish I was healthy enough to smoke some crack

OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

I agree with this. I also don't think you try to part out the team. Roth said it earlier, but teams change so fast in the NFL, no one worth anything actually rebuilds. We didn't rebuild.
                  Yep. A team with a QB as good as Wentz never concedes a season as "rebuilding."

Comment

Define "rebuild". I hear this rebuild vs. retool stuff all the time, but I have no idea what percentage of roster turnover constitutes rebuilding. I just took a quick look at the '17 49ers depth chart vs. the '19 49ers depth chart, and they're two completely different teams. They rebuilt, they just did it quickly through free agency (5 starters acquired since '17), trades (3 starters acquired since '17), and hitting on draft picks (13 starters from the last three drafts). Rebuilding still happens, it just doesn't take five years anymore if you make good decisions. And we already have a massive head start with a franchise QB and the makings of a very good OL in place, so the turnaround could happens as quickly as 2020.

But if you're agreeing with this idea that we should throw draft capital around at the trade deadline to try to plug holes with veterans and salvage this season (what Trent is suggesting), I can't think of a more catastrophically bad idea than that. Parting out the team isn't an option anyway, so that isn't the alternative. The only trade that would make any sense at this stage would be for a piece you can keep long term. Robbie Anderson makes all the sense in the world if you're sure you can keep him. But giving up a 3rd for CHJ or a similar deal would be short-sighted and pointless.

But again, I don't think anyone is suggesting a long term rebuild. This team is one good off-season away from being a legitimate SB contender. But it ain't happening this season.

Comment

There is basically not rebuilding in the NFL - a guess a few teams do it (Browns...currently the Dolphins), but most teams flip over the roster so much already, it doesn't really matter. 2 years later, teams look way different for the most part.

But I'm not as down on this team as some. I don't know if they'll be fine, but the season isn't even half over yet and they're 2 drops away from 5-2, even with two terrible losses.

So yeah, I think I agree with trent that it's not over yet, but also, I'm not prepared to make a move either way. I don't see Chris Harris as a major upgrade over Mills/Leblanc/darby and unless I'm mistake, Robbie Anderson is an FA after this season, right?

Comment

unless I'm mistake, Robbie Anderson is an FA after this season, right?
                        Yeah, that's why I said as long as they know they can keep him. It would take a third, since that's the comp pick the Jets are going to get.

Comment

Working...
                        X