Clear All

• Joe Girardi

new phillies manager

https://twitter.com/ToddZolecki/stat...57149065859073

How do you feel about this move?

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
      It was a Middleton decision. I can't tell you if that's good or bad, but it shows Klentak's diminished authority. I have no clue what McFail does.

The story out of yankeeland is that Girardi had trouble relating to and/or dealing with players so I'm not sure that's better here, but I think he'll have a harder touch on players that Kapler, which is probably good.

I like him much better than baker. probably a push from Showalter in terms of the clubhouse, but probably a bit more receptive/capable of merging analytics and old school baseball in the dugout. Ultimately, I like it in a vacuum, but if it fails, it's the end for Klentak.

I know it's been reported that Klentak and Girardi "hit it off," but I've heard from others that that was not true 2 years ago during the interview process.

Comment

Outstanding!

i wanted Girardi two years ago, but they hired Sweet Cheeks instead. This news makes me happy; now Middleton has to give Klentek the door.
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
          They could have done a whole lot worse.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

They could have done a whole lot worse.
            They could have hired your boy!
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I think they've done as well as they possibly could have. Pretty sure Klentak is a lame duck at this point. Jerruh Middleton is calling the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                Do not like it, Girardi is not the choice that I would have liked for this group.

Comment

I ACTUALLY THINK THE OPPOSITE. I THINK HE'S THE PERFECT MANAGER. NOT ALL ANAL-LYTIC, NOT ALL GUT FEELING.
                  HE'LL BE A MANAGER WITH EXPERIENCE ENOUGH TO HANDLE THINGS CORRECTLY.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                    I ACTUALLY THINK THE OPPOSITE. I THINK HE'S THE PERFECT MANAGER. NOT ALL ANAL-LYTIC, NOT ALL GUT FEELING.
                    HE'LL BE A MANAGER WITH EXPERIENCE ENOUGH TO HANDLE THINGS CORRECTLY.
                    I’m with you DSG, after 2 years of Strat-O-Matic it’ll be nice to have someone who knows the game, has won the big one, it just doesn’t seem to suck as bad to be a fan as it did this time last week.

There was a great piece about Girardi being the Cubs choice to announce to the Wrigley Crowd that the game had been cancelled the day Darryl Kile passed away because of how universally respected he is around the league.

Comment

Working...
                    X