Time's yours Howie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time's yours Howie

Need to make a solid move or two before the trade deadline and see if this win can be built upon.

I've been against it, but there's no way it doesn't happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
      I've been against it, but there's no way it doesn't happen now.
      How do you suppose they go about this the right way?

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
        Need to make a solid move or two before the trade deadline and see if this win can be built upon.
        Cheaply, not like the Golden Tate trade. Nothing but a 4 to a 7 for anybody.

Comment

He's going to go after Darius Slay or Patrick Peterson he has to prove he can make headlines. That's.my guess.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

How do you suppose they go about this the right way?
            If it works, they did it the right way.

Seriously, my only stipulation would be that I don't want rentals. If you can get a couple of guys who will be here through 2020 or beyond, I'm good. I like Anderson, like the fit (I think Desean's done for '19). On defense, Geno Atkins makes the biggest impact and would be my primary target.

Comment

Anderson is the most logical option but is he possible? I thought that DeSean's contract basically kept him here for 2020. Jeffery obviously can't be moved.

I'm not sure I want them to go after anyone. I'm not a fan of acquiring a DB midseason. The secondary will start to look better when Jernigan comes back and guys like Darby and Mills (who are NFL players even if they're unpopular) get more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                He's going to go after Darius Slay or Patrick Peterson he has to prove he can make headlines. That's.my guess.

​​​​​
                The Cardinals are a weird franchise. They want their players to be Cardinals-for-life to foster some sort of family atmosphere that they feel like they're lacking. They treat every player who's ever made an ESPN highlight reel the same way the Steelers treat the starting 11 members of the Steel Curtain. It's like a weird relocated team's version of short-man's complex or something... hard to explain, but it's real.

Long story short, I'd be shocked if they even entertained the thought of trading Peterson.

Comment

Seriously, my only stipulation would be that I don't want rentals. If you can get a couple of guys who will be here through 2020 or beyond, I'm good. I like Anderson, like the fit (I think Desean's done for '19). On defense, Geno Atkins makes the biggest impact and would be my primary target.
                  I like them to get some help on the line. It's possible it could include a receiver like Anderson in a trade with the jets.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                    Anderson is the most logical option but is he possible? I thought that DeSean's contract basically kept him here for 2020. Jeffery obviously can't be moved.

I'm not sure I want them to go after anyone. I'm not a fan of acquiring a DB midseason. The secondary will start to look better when Jernigan comes back and guys like Darby and Mills (who are NFL players even if they're unpopular) get more comfortable.
                    I know what Anderson gives us now, but next year, I'm not sure. You figure we'll have Anderson, Desean, Alshon, BCJJ, and a high draft pick (1st or 2nd round). Who plays where and when, no idea at this point. But if we're trading a 3rd for Anderson, I'm resigning him and figuring it out.

I agree on CB, I don't want another one. I'd rather see what we have and add help to the DL if it's available.

Comment

Jackson has started running and may even practice this week,if its not a sports hernia; we will see....I like the young DT from the Jets,,,don't know his name but would be huge help...then Get TJ and Bradham back after the Bi...if they can grab a corner, thats fine,,but more pressure up front would help.
                      Last edited by TRENT; 10-27-2019, 05:05 PM.
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

The Cardinals are a weird franchise. They want their players to be Cardinals-for-life to foster some sort of family atmosphere that they feel like they're lacking. They treat every player who's ever made an ESPN highlight reel the same way the Steelers treat the starting 11 members of the Steel Curtain. It's like a weird relocated team's version of short-man's complex or something... hard to explain, but it's real.

Long story short, I'd be shocked if they even entertained the thought of trading Peterson.
                        well after today they may just consider a trade if the Price is right....they have stated many times he's not on the block.
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

well after today they may just consider a trade if the Price is right....they have stated many times he's not on the block.
                          Today won't have an effect. They're going to convince themselves they were one play away from shocking the world.

Comment

Today won't have an effect. They're going to convince themselves they were one play away from shocking the world.
                            according to some, this game was going to dictate our whole season
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

Florio says they're trying to "do something fun" at the deadline, whatever the hell that means.

Comment

Working...
                              X