Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade howard

uh, his value has never been higher!

I know you're being facetious but I sure hope they're working on an extension. Don't want to see him hit free agency.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I know you know they don't value the RB position too much. I'm sure they'll talk, but I think he'll be too expensive and there seems to be a decent amount of depth RBs available in FA next year. Howard's been wildly underrated for years, but also has a lot of wear.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        I know you know they don't value the RB position too much. I'm sure they'll talk, but I think he'll be too expensive and there seems to be a decent amount of depth RBs available in FA next year. Howard's been wildly underrated for years, but also has a lot of wear.
        Maybe they don't value the position we can agree there but he has a lot of wear? Dude hasn't even competed his 4th year he is in his prime. And they way they are using him can play till he is 50

Comment

You know he played in chicago right?

Comment

You know he played in chicago right?
            Dude he has played 3 years and averaged 259 rush attempts per year. If you think that means he has a lot of wear on him them no team should keep any back more than 3 years and there should be no feature backs in the NFL.

I get you want to argue with me all the time but this one.makes no sense the guy is in his prime and is productive as hell.

​​​​​​
            ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

I get you want to argue with me all the time but this one.makes no sense the guy is in his prime and is productive as hell.

​​​​​​
              ​​​​
              Seems like you got that one backward, ace.

But the short answer is, yeah, smart teams usually don't have a feature back and especially one that they pay a lot of money to...because you end up paying for past performance.

Comment

Seems like you got that one backward, ace.

But the short answer is, yeah, smart teams usually don't have a feature back and especially one that they pay a lot of money to...because you end up paying for past performance.
                I agreed with you that the Eagles devalue the position. A 2 time 1000 yard rusher was traded for a 6th. If they negotiate with him now they may be able to get him for a good price. If he wants 12 mill then no, no back is worth that money.

It all depends on the $$$ doesn't it? Howard would be well worth 7 mill or so a year. He is a great back.

Comment

I'll hope that a saturated market means he can come back at a decent price. It's not that hard to find a solid RB like Howard, but the lack of a solid RB killed them last season. I'd rather not take a chance. IMO Howard is the best back of the Pederson area.
                  Last edited by art vandelay; 10-28-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I'll hope that a saturated market means he can come back at a decent price. It's not that hard to find a solid RB like Howard, but the lack of a solid RB killed them last season. I'd rather not take a chance. IMO Howard is the best back of the Pederson area.
                    If they trade Howard like some suggest I guess they totally give up on the season cause there isn't anyone to run the ball. And no Sanders and Scott can't handle the load. So I agree with you.

​​​​​​Where I don't agree is the Eagles finding a starting caliber RB in later rounds or keep getting 1 year rentals. Also, at some point you need some consistency with a back that stays on your team more than a year that can get you 3-5 yards a carry and make it easier to sustain drives. It's kind of annoying having a revolving door at the position. And for a 6th, he is well worth 8 or 9 mill considering what RB are getting nowadays if that's his market.
                    ​​​​
                    Last edited by Spartan92; 10-28-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

It's kind of amazing that Jay Ajayi is unemployed.

Comment

Hardly anybody values the RB position these days especially a guy like Howard who isn't flashy. Depends on the price but there's no reason to think he'll be too expensive for all the reasons you state.

Comment

I agreed with you that the Eagles devalue the position. A 2 time 1000 yard rusher was traded for a 6th. If they negotiate with him now they may be able to get him for a good price. If he wants 12 mill then no, no back is worth that money.

It all depends on the $$$ doesn't it? Howard would be well worth 7 mill or so a year. He is a great back.
                          Three years 12M with 7.5 guaranteed. His workload should go down to about 150 carries next season.

Comment

If they trade Howard like some suggest I guess they totally give up on the season cause there isn't anyone to run the ball. And no Sanders and Scott can't handle the load;
                            I think they'll get a better comp pick if he leaves than they would in a trade.

Comment

If they trade Howard like some suggest I guess they totally give up on the season cause there isn't anyone to run the ball. And no Sanders and Scott can't handle the load. So I agree with you.
                              Originally posted by Maniac View Post

I think they'll get a better comp pick if he leaves than they would in a trade.
                              Guys...

Comment

Working...
                              X