X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genard Avery, OLB Browns

traded here for a pick

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...94103376990209

ETA: I assume he'll play End. A quick googling says he's a situational edge rusher and that's about it. Apparently in Freddie Kitchens' dog house or something. But he's young. 2nd year in the league.
    Last edited by JuTMSY4; 10-28-2019, 03:13 PM.

I prefer this over renting an older player with a higher pick.

Comment

On his rookie deal through '21. Low risk/high reward, played pretty well for them last season. I'm good with these kinds of moves.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        traded here for a pick

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...94103376990209

ETA: I assume he'll play End. A quick googling says he's a situational edge rusher and that's about it. Apparently in Freddie Kitchens' dog house or something. But he's young. 2nd year in the league.
        Put up 4.5 sacks, 4 pass deflections and 1 FF while starting in only 5 games on a team that never has the lead. I'd be curious to see how many snaps he got there.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post

Put up 4.5 sacks, 4 pass deflections and 1 FF while starting in only 5 games on a team that never has the lead. I'd be curious to see how many snaps he got there.
          Speaks Volumes to the Bradham Injury,,,this kid hardly played on the BROWNS DEFENSE,,,,Ya know that incredible SB winning Dee,,,,and he couldn't crack the lineup,,,,so we trade for him,,,,well at least we won't pic a B C J!
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Eagles are listing him as a DE.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Eagles are listing him as a DE.
              4th rounder in 2021

Comment

Roob tweeted that he played in 684 D snaps in 2018, out of 1122 they faced that year, so he played 61% of the time. He played 2 D snaps this year. A 4th seems a little high for a guy the Browns didn't seem to want anyway, but if that pick us just going to be Pumphrey or Hollins, who cares I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

Speaks Volumes to the Bradham Injury,,,this kid hardly played on the BROWNS DEFENSE,,,,Ya know that incredible SB winning Dee,,,,and he couldn't crack the lineup,,,,so we trade for him,,,,well at least we won't pic a B C J!
                  The Brown's d-line is probably the strength of their team and he didn't fit their scheme anymore after Greg Williams left.

FWIW, Browns fans were really upset they traded him.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post

The Brown's d-line is probably the strength of their team and he didn't fit their scheme anymore after Greg Williams left.

FWIW, Browns fans were really upset they traded him.
                    They're furious. The threads are quality entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                      On his rookie deal through '21. Low risk/high reward, played pretty well for them last season. I'm good with these kinds of moves.
                      I’m not thrilled they gave them a 4 for a guy who was taken in the 5th and sitting on the browns bench.

Howie folded. Then again, with the way he’s drafted, might as well keep dealing picka for guys who can land on a NFL roster after you draft them.
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 10-29-2019, 07:32 AM.

Comment

With getting Avery, they may well be setting up for one of the other DE's to be thrown in on a trade. Not BG, or Barnett though.
                        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Read an article that the Eagles aren't all that happy with the performance by the backup DEs. Eagles supposedly liked him the year he was drafted. Further speculation is that he was available because he the Browns' DC didn't think he fit his defense.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

I’m not thrilled they gave them a 4 for a guy who was taken in the 5th and sitting on the browns bench.

Howie folded. Then again, with the way he’s drafted, might as well keep dealing picka for guys who can land on a NFL roster after you draft them.
                            I don't really care where he was drafted. He's got a solid year of NFL game film. The fact that the Browns changed schemes, jerked him around, and couldn't figure out how to use him in year two probably says more about them than it does about him.

Besides, the 4th round is a barren wasteland for this team.

Comment

Fun fact, Avery has only 2 less sacks than Marcus Smith.

Comment

Working...
                              X