X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick tock tick tock.....

Will Howie pull the trigger?

Has he found a dance partner?

Running out of time....I’m leaning towards “we are good there” mentality, banking on returning players.

Hope I’m wrong.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Hopefully we get involved in the Jamal Adams sweepstakes, if for no other reason to drive the price up for Dallas, who appear ready to make that deal.

Comment

When you consider the returning players are Sproles, Jackson, Peters, Jernigan, LeBlanc..I sure hope that’s not the approach if they are thinking about making some sort of run. They need a splash player whose best years haven’t passed them by.

Comment

at this point id be pleasantly surprised if we do make a trade
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
          When you consider the returning players are Sproles, Jackson, Peters, Jernigan, LeBlanc..I sure hope that’s not the approach if they are thinking about making some sort of run. They need a splash player whose best years haven’t passed them by.
          I actually think getting Jernigan and Maddox back is going to be helpful. Jernigan is old but he's not a stiff. Pathetic as it may be, having Mills, Darby and Maddox all back is huge improvement over what we were putting out there. I don't know - I'm definitely surprised and disappointing by what we've seen thus far, but I still think they have a run left in them if they stay healthy.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I fear it will be low ball specials

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I actually think getting Jernigan and Maddox back is going to be helpful. Jernigan is old but he's not a stiff. Pathetic as it may be, having Mills, Darby and Maddox all back is huge improvement over what we were putting out there. I don't know - I'm definitely surprised and disappointing by what we've seen thus far, but I still think they have a run left in them if they stay healthy.
              I agree with your general take and I think you, me and everyone else knows this team is going to view the injured DTs and CBs are reinforcements. However, Jernigan is 27, which I don't think is terribly old in terms of years - given his injury history (and the contract changes around that), it may still be true.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

I agree with your general take and I think you, me and everyone else knows this team is going to view the injured DTs and CBs are reinforcements. However, Jernigan is 27, which I don't think is terribly old in terms of years - given his injury history (and the contract changes around that), it may still be true.
                I thought he was older for some reason. They won a SB with Mills and Darby at corner. And they gave up a million yards and points in that game. After '17 I guess I can always envision a scenario where "it's possible."
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I think they have an organization philosophy of building at the lines and spending on offense. With rare exception, I don't see them spending a lot on the defense and just asking them to bend but not break. Philosophically, that's still worked because the defense has been pretty good in the red zone, but teams are now attacking them deep from the middle of the field, where the entire secondary is weak.

Comment

Working...
                  X