It's the trade deadline, not free agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the trade deadline, not free agency

I don't know why anyone expected a splash. They're more than one player away right now.

I'm more disappointed they didn't move Big V.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

I'M DISAPPOINTED I HAVEN'T HAD A BEER YET TODAY.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
      I'M DISAPPOINTED I HAVEN'T HAD A BEER YET TODAY.
      First trade deadline post that I've read that's worth a damn. Well said, Sir.

Comment

Those Big V rumors were weird. Dude is bad. No one offered anything for him.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 10-29-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Don't give away the farm. I have not written the Eagles off yet.

I give them better odds of making it deep into the playoffs than the Sixers or Flyers.

In order for that to happen, I think Wentz needs to catch on fire and DJacc comes back. Long shots but it could happen.

Just beat the Bears at home for now. Baby steps.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I give them better odds of making it deep into the playoffs than the Sixers or Flyers.

In order for that to happen, I think Wentz needs to catch on fire and DJacc comes back. Long shots but it could happen.

Better odds than the Sixers? WTF are you smoking? They are the experts’ consensus pick to win the Eastern Conference.

Comment

What about Dillard’s continued progress if Peters can’t return and stay healthy. What about Seumalo showing more consistency which is only compounded with a new LT next to him? How about the DT position next to Cox?

The lines are top priority in the order of things.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post

Better odds than the Sixers? WTF are you smoking? They are the experts’ consensus pick to win the Eastern Conference.
                Experts consensus? They probably shouldn't even bother playing any more games then. 3-0 already. You're either an expert troll or a top-notch jackass.

Comment

Au contraire mon frere. Anyone claiming that the Eagles are better situated than the Sixers to make a deep run in the playoffs is either a troll, a WIP caller, or both.
                  Last edited by 06hawkalum; 10-29-2019, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Hawkalum sure knows how to pwn those WIP callers!

Comment

Hawk's a schmoehawk, but he's kind of right on this one. The Sixers are a good bet to go deep in the playoffs, based on what we know right now. The Eagles are a middle of the pack team right now.

That could change, but it's the way it is at the moment. Objectively.

Comment

I don't think Big V is that bad. Sure, he's not starter quality, but he's a serviceable fill-in when needed at guard or tackle if necessary.

I'm really hoping that Wentz settles down. What Foles had over him was coolness in the pocket. Wentz just gets a little too frenetic at times. If getting DJ back gives him a little more confidence and swagger, great. Let's get this done with the weapons we have. This is the part of the season where we need consistent goodness. Get past NE and Seattle and it should be more or less a downhill ride to the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                          I don't think Big V is that bad. Sure, he's not starter quality, but he's a serviceable fill-in when needed at guard or tackle if necessary.

I'm really hoping that Wentz settles down. What Foles had over him was coolness in the pocket. Wentz just gets a little too frenetic at times. If getting DJ back gives him a little more confidence and swagger, great. Let's get this done with the weapons we have. This is the part of the season where we need consistent goodness. Get past NE and Seattle and it should be more or less a downhill ride to the postseason.
                          I agree with this. The first half hasn't been pretty, but considering the schedule and especially the injuries, it really could have been worse. I'd love to see them win two out of the next three. I think this weekend is big. The Bears are a mess. No excuse to lose to them right now.

Getting DJax back and the secondary going from "terrible" to "not very good" will go a long way.
                          Last edited by McCarthy12; 10-30-2019, 09:47 AM.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

IF Doug realizes after last Sunday that this team is better when Wentz is under C and you use your OL to beat the shit out of the D all day....sky's the limit!

Comment

Working...
                            X