Donte Moncreif Waived By Steelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donte Moncreif Waived By Steelers

He’s had a dismal season full of injuries but wondering if he can take the place of Hollins.

Could probably replace Hollins with a Roomba.

Comment

I don't think these guys who are getting released (Gordon, Moncreif) play special teams. I'm not saying that Hollins is good enough. But with Jackson coming back it doesn't make sense to pay for one of these guys who won't get any time and would possibly cost a compensatory pick.

Comment

I see him more in the Agholor role of missing everything thrown to him

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          I don't think these guys who are getting released (Gordon, Moncreif) play special teams. I'm not saying that Hollins is good enough. But with Jackson coming back it doesn't make sense to pay for one of these guys who won't get any time and would possibly cost a compensatory pick.
          Would they count against the comp pick formula?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

Would they count against the comp pick formula?
            No, the comp pick stuff is unaffected by signing guys who have been released from other teams. That's why the Eagles signed Malik Jackson right away. No comp pick issues, didn't have to go through waivers.

That being said, I am in agreement that bringing in guys who don't play special teams is a silly thing unless those guys would be starters. Moncrief would not start unless in a 3-WR set and Jackson still out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

No, the comp pick stuff is unaffected by signing guys who have been released from other teams. That's why the Eagles signed Malik Jackson right away. No comp pick issues, didn't have to go through waivers.

That being said, I am in agreement that bringing in guys who don't play special teams is a silly thing unless those guys would be starters. Moncrief would not start unless in a 3-WR set and Jackson still out.
              pretty much this except released guys do go through waivers, I think. Also, moncrief can't stay on the field

Comment

Originally posted by Chupacabra View Post
                Could probably replace Hollins with a Roomba.
                LOL nice....tie a fishing net to the top and it'd probably catch better too
                YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Working...
                X