No announcement yet.

Chris Carson: 31st pick in 7th round of 2017 draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're going to bring in a free agent running back, you may not want to go after the ones who were obviously overworked the prior season. Murray and Blount both had workloads that made them 'damaged goods' when they got here. Gore would have been a bad option, too.

Comment

3rd and 2 and Sproles was in the backfield. Even if you don't want to give Blount the ball, run play action. At least have someone out there the defense believes can run through you for 2 yards.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I hear what you're saying, but that's actually kind of their job. In a draft loaded with running backs - and in desperate need of one - they got cute. That's what Howie does.

Howie's the guy in your fantasy draft that makes reach after reach so he can look smart and be draft expert guy. Then he finishes last in your league. Every year.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I'm just being snarky because we are talking about a late 7th rounder. I am not a Howie supporter but I am cautiously optimistic about their 2017 draft - I think trying to grade it this early is a bit silly.

Comment

I would stay with Blount throughout the course of the game. Try and churn first downs out. Bring the change of pace guys in later in the second half. Grind it out. Hit your pa in spots, the defense seems good enough to accommodate that. Unfortunately the only thing dug is going to grind is Wentz into the ground.

Comment

This isn't about a draft grade. This is about them not addressing an every week need right now in order to win games, protect their franchise QB. They gave away a pick to move up to secure Pumphrey. They got cute or panicked or didn't do enough homework on backs.

Douglas and/or Howie had higher grade on a gimmick 170lb RB over a possibly legit 3 down guy in a year RB was one of their top needs. It's their job to qualify and determine but There's no excuse taking Pumphrey where they did. Nobody that size has ever done a thing at this level.

Have to feed Blount or Clement this week. Every game they have imbalance like this is another week they can get Wentz murdered.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 09-18-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Just so you know I agree with you man but I am going to bust your chops if you use a diamond in the rough 7th rounder(with 1 week of solid production under his belt) as an example.

I don't think they should've waited to address RB in the 4th round, but they did and at that point in the draft Pumphrey was not a huge reach.

Maybe I am desensitized by Danny Watkins and Marcus Smith?

Comment

RB talent is not the problem of this team. Gomer legit does not run the ball. It doesn't matter who the fuck they have back there. Wentz is dropping back 30+ times every game.

Comment

Yupppp

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    There's nothing wrong with Blount. He is what he's always been. He's being used wrong or not at all. Almost reminiscent of the deroacho scurry fiasco
                    I think Blount is fine

Comment

Working...
                    X