• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's get it out there

2-8 6pts 4t/o... Not very elite tonight

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
    2-8 6pts 4t/o... Not very elite tonight
    I’ve been playing and watching basketball my entire life and still cannot figure out 2 things:
    a. Why does Simmons not even take the outside shot? It’s so simple... Who cares if you shoot a low percentage? It absolutely has to change and I know it has been done to death but it’s going to kill them in the playoffs.
    b. Why does BB continue to NOT care if he doesn’t take the outside shot? It’s obvious that he either doesn’t care or Ben is the alpha in this relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

I’ve been playing and watching basketball my entire life and still cannot figure out 2 things:
      a. Why does Simmons not even take the outside shot? It’s so simple... Who cares if you shoot a low percentage? It absolutely has to change and I know it has been done to death but it’s going to kill them in the playoffs.
      b. Why does BB continue to NOT care if he doesn’t take the outside shot? It’s obvious that he either doesn’t care or Ben is the alpha in this relationship.
      I don't know. Phoenix had Baynes on him and all he did was sag. If there isn't a lane to dunk simmons is incredibly weak finishing, always falling away avoiding contact. Brown isn't going to push one of his stars like that. I wish he would just try. It has to start somewhere. One of these games the sixers will be blowing a team out. Let simmons shoot jumpers until he starts building confidence. I actually think he can make them at a good enough rate.

Comment

I don't know. Phoenix had Baynes on him and all he did was sag. If there isn't a lane to dunk simmons is incredibly weak finishing, always falling away avoiding contact. Brown isn't going to push one of his stars like that. I wish he would just try. It has to start somewhere. One of these games the sixers will be blowing a team out. Let simmons shoot jumpers until he starts building confidence. I actually think he can make them at a good enough rate.
        I just LOVE how all summer...all these videos are out of him draining 3s and 15 footers. Now? Again, not even ATTEMPTING them again. It’s not that hard. It’s mind-blowing.

Comment

Do you ever see the pre-game tweets from warm-ups inside the arena? He practices the 3 constantly. It just doesn't make sense why he's not even attempting them.

On the flip side though, I can't recall someone just slacking off of him when he's had a wide open jumper. Also, on a much more positive note, his free throws do look improved, which will be way more important than him shooting a jumper.

Comment

The scary thing is, The Process might have netted the Sixers exactly 1 drafted superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              I just LOVE how all summer...all these videos are out of him draining 3s and 15 footers. Now? Again, not even ATTEMPTING them again. It’s not that hard. It’s mind-blowing.
              I love how they lost one game and now he's a bum. Like clockwork.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I’m not saying he’s a bum, but even in their wins...he’s NOT ATTEMPTING outside shots? This isn’t a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesphaninMD View Post
                  The scary thing is, The Process might have netted the Sixers exactly 1 drafted superstar.
                  I understand Ben can be frustrating, but this is just incredibly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I love how any criticism of a shit performance equates to "now he's a bum". Pointing out the obvious is too much for the bootlickers.

Comment

I love how any criticism of a shit performance equates to "now he's a bum". Pointing out the obvious is too much for the bootlickers.
                      The thrill of victory, the agony of suffering a loss in game 6 of an 82 game season. I’m fine with 81-1.

Comment

A boot licker lol. I've voiced my frustrations with his unwillingness to shoot. I'm still frustrated by that. But talk about letting perfect be the enemy of the good. They weren't going 82-0 and Simmons was bound to have a clunker because that happens.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesphaninMD View Post
                          Care to elaborate? What makes Ben a superstar in your opinion?
                          In my opinion, he's very good, but not even close to being the best at his position league-wide. Maybe he's in the top ten.

Comment

what makes Ben a superstar is his ability to do things other players cannot, and don't forget despite his flaws he's already an Allstar. He's much more a superstar in the making. He's already elite defensively, which is a huge part of the game. Despite an atrocious game on the offensive side, he also had SEVEN steals. I don't even care if he shoots the outside shot this year, I want him to start pulling up from 10 ft, as that alone will make him that much more deadly. Hit that shot at around 50%...then move out to 12 ft. Rinse repeat. I really think Brown has to be willing to call a timeout, sit him, and point out times where he's passing it up. He's signed for a few years now, so Brown doesn't have to worry as much about hurt feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                              what makes Ben a superstar is his ability to do things other players cannot, and don't forget despite his flaws he's already an Allstar. He's much more a superstar in the making. He's already elite defensively, which is a huge part of the game. Despite an atrocious game on the offensive side, he also had SEVEN steals. I don't even care if he shoots the outside shot this year, I want him to start pulling up from 10 ft, as that alone will make him that much more deadly. Hit that shot at around 50%...then move out to 12 ft. Rinse repeat. I really think Brown has to be willing to call a timeout, sit him, and point out times where he's passing it up. He's signed for a few years now, so Brown doesn't have to worry as much about hurt feelings.
                              If you don’t care about him attempting outside shots, you simply have no concept of basketball...plain and simple. Not to mention, he’s not even taking TEN footers.
                              Last edited by Ground_Meat; 11-05-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X