Let's get it out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

A boot licker lol. I've voiced my frustrations with his unwillingness to shoot. I'm still frustrated by that. But talk about letting perfect be the enemy of the good. They weren't going 82-0 and Simmons was bound to have a clunker because that happens.
    Obviously they are going to lose, everyone else played well (minus Richardson) . 6 points dude, is that "letting perfect be the enemy of good"? Who's defending him?

Comment

Plain and simple most guys can make 10 footers consistently before they make 22-24 footers consistently. if he starts pulling up there, that alone will up his game. Shouldn't be that hard of a concept for someone so adept at the concepts of basketball like yourself. I know that he isn't taking those, I'd like him to start there.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesphaninMD View Post

Care to elaborate? What makes Ben a superstar in your opinion?
        In my opinion, he's very good, but not even close to being the best at his position league-wide. Maybe he's in the top ten.
        He's 23 years old and one of the 15 best players in the NBA, even with his unwillingness to shoot. He was also an absolute slam dunk pick at 1.1 in 2016. His size, vision, defensive skills and athleticism make him a superstar. He's just a very frustrating superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
          Plain and simple most guys can make 10 footers consistently before they make 22-24 footers consistently. if he starts pulling up there, that alone will up his game. Shouldn't be that hard of a concept for someone so adept at the concepts of basketball like yourself. I know that he isn't taking those, I'd like him to start there.
          I couldn’t agree more. But he hasn’t done it...and flat out refuses to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

Obviously they are going to lose, everyone else played well (minus Richardson) . 6 points dude, is that "letting perfect be the enemy of good"? Who's defending him?
            He was definitely not ELITE last night.Quite frankly, if he plays decently, maybe they win the game. I just think, generally, we tend to lost the forest for the trees with him and his jump shot.

But, at the end of the day, you are right. He has to shoot - not because that's what is missing from his game but because it's what the team needs to be as successful as possible.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post

He's 23 years old and one of the 15 best players in the NBA, even with his unwillingness to shoot. He was also an absolute slam dunk pick at 1.1 in 2016. His size, vision, defensive skills and athleticism make him a superstar. He's just a very frustrating superstar.

I disagree that he's top 15 in the league. Not until he can shoot or not as a Guard. maybe if he was a forward.

Comment

Working...
              X