Torrey Smith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torrey Smith?

Rumor is Eagles are talking to him. He's been living in the area near Conshohocken and has another home in Baltimore as well so it's not a hard move for him to come back.

Zero problem with this at this point. One thing he did well over the course of the season in 2017 was draw DPI, just as good as a catch, then he came up huge in the postseason. Obviously it’s been 2 years, but for my money he’d start against the Pats in 2 weeks if signed.

Comment

In a NY minute. I'd also take 2019 version of Terrell Owens over Mack Hollins and JJAGoff.

at a MINIMUM, Greg Ward is getting promoted from PS and Hollins is waived.
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 11-05-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Why not? Hes should be a better addition than the bottom player on the roster
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Plus he’s 2 years younger than Me-Sean.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            Why not? Hes should be a better addition than the bottom player on the roster
            Also, what about Sony Michel's brother who looked so good in camp and preseason? bring him back as well. Put these MoFo's on notice: THIS AGGRESSION WILL NOT STAND, MAN!

Comment

I think he runs a non-profit in baltimore but lives and his wife is from around here. I mean, there are worse choices and I think he's still better than Mike Wallace, but there's a reason a guy like that is on the street. But, then again, I think a few our ours guys probably belong on the street rn

Comment

JJ Nelson ?? Had a couple decent season with Carson Palmer in Arizona. All he needs to do is run deep and have a couple balls a game thrown his way to keep the defense honest.

Comment

We've gone from Deepest Roster in the NFLŪ to signing schmoes off the street to play skill positions. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    We've gone from Deepest Roster in the NFLŪ to signing schmoes off the street to play skill positions. Good times.
                    If eagles simply printed out Mel Kiper's 2019 draft rankings and used it ONLY for positions they consistently BLOW year after year after fucking year, they'd have taken DJ Metcalf with the pick they used for JJAGGOFF. How about adopting that approach moving forward, guys? I sort of trust you with OL, TE, RB. Please use other people's rankings for WR, CB, LB, and DE. Thanks in advance.

FYI, here's the 6 WR's taken after JJAG (all taken within 20 picks of him) and their rookie year production:

https://twitter.com/ZBerm/status/119...484801/photo/1
                    Last edited by Ellsworth; 11-05-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                      Rumor is Eagles are talking to him. He's been living in the area near Conshohocken and has another home in Baltimore as well so it's not a hard move for him to come back.
                      Saw him on twitter say that he is still in shape and can play, just doesn't want to and is enjoying retirement. I'd be down. Can't hurt.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

If eagles simply printed out Mel Kiper's 2019 draft rankings and used it ONLY for positions they consistently BLOW year after year after fucking year, they'd have taken DJ Metcalf with the pick they used for JJAGGOFF. How about adopting that approach moving forward, guys? I sort of trust you with OL, TE, RB. Please use other people's rankings for WR, CB, LB, and DE. Thanks in advance.

FYI, here's the 6 WR's taken after JJAG (all taken within 20 picks of him) and their rookie year production:

https://twitter.com/ZBerm/status/119...484801/photo/1
                        I usually start casually looking at players at positions we need in February. BCJJ was in the first group of receivers I looked at. By the time they drafted him, I'd forgotten who he was because after I saw him once in February, I never looked at him again. He's a contested catch/jump ball guy, and that's not what Wentz throws. He might have been a good pick if Foles was the QB, but he's all wrong for what Carson throws. Why do I know this enough to cross BCJJ off my list after watching thirty seconds of highlight video three months before the draft?

I will admit, I liked Isabela a lot. But no way in the 2nd round. 3rd maybe, 4th definitely... but at that pick in Round 2, after we lost out on Hardman (who should have been taken with the first 2nd... Sanders was still going to be there with the next one), Metcalf was the obvious choice, and the only choice.

Comment

He was a pretty good player for us in 2017. I wouldn't mind seeing him back

Comment

He decided to stay retired

Comment

Sucks. Guys on the roster are gonna have to step up. We still have our RBs and TEs too.

Comment

Working...
                              X