JMatt in Philly for a physical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

I actually liked him quite a bit in college and thought he had big play potential here - a sorta "faster on the field than on the track" player. But I'm also not a professional scout. That being said, Mike Groh and Carson (Walch, obviously) don't install much confidence that they'll turn him around next season.
    True. Could be the kind of player who leaves the Eagles and does well somewhere else. Hopefully not.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Ole Reliable!
      Funny thing is before he was traded for Darby the team was high on him, he catches everything thrown to him, problem is he is more of a possession receiver than speedster.

Comment

I actually liked him quite a bit in college and thought he had big play potential here - a sorta "faster on the field than on the track" player. But I'm also not a professional scout. That being said, Mike Groh and Carson (Walch, obviously) don't install much confidence that they'll turn him around next season.
        I thought the same and it hasn't started off well but I am not writing off JJAW yet. As unproductive as the WRs have been I am surprised we have not seen him get more action - the very play he screwed up in the Lions game is the type of plays this guy brings to the table(when he makes the damn catch).

Comment

Gary Jennings waived by the Seahawks, I would be all over that..............

Comment

Djax to IR. JMatt makes more sense now with the empty roster spot. Jackson can return for playoffs, which I guess is a thing.

Comment

Two empty roster spots now...JMatt is probably going to be one. Who's the other?

Comment

Originally posted by Chupacabra View Post
                Two empty roster spots now...JMatt is probably going to be one. Who's the other?
                Cre'von. Sorry, I thought that was a given. Maddox will slide in as a depth safety if something happens.
                Last edited by JuTMSY4; 11-05-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Cre'von. Sorry, I thought that was a given. Maddox will slide in as a depth safety if something happens.
                  That's right. Forgot about him.

Comment

Ah shit Mathews runs like a 6.7 40 and strikes fear into defenses

Comment

Originally posted by maggsgsr View Post
                      Ah shit Mathews runs like a 6.7 40 and strikes fear into defenses
                      You know, Matthews had a better 40 time than Alshon, JJAW and Mack Hollins.

Comment

They just signed him.

Comment

You know, Matthews had a better 40 time than Alshon, JJAW and Mack Hollins.
                          Yep

Matthews 4.46
                          Alshon 4.48
                          JJAW 4.54
                          Hollins 4.53

Comment

Originally posted by phillyphilly View Post

Yep

Matthews 4.46
                            Alshon 4.48
                            JJAW 4.54
                            Hollins 4.53
                            ha, your fact check is appreciated.

Comment

Ole Reliable!
                              There a very good chance that they signed the best WR on the roster today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                                If memory serves me correctly, JMatt scored two 40+ yard TDs when he was brought in last season.

One in the playoff game, right? Looked it up and he had a 56-yd catch and run v Tenn and a 37-yd TD in the Saints playoff.
                                Wasn't he also coming back from an injury? He's never been a burner, but he's the lord of the crossing routes.
                                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                                X