Look at these catches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Probably not, but I doubt they keep Howard, and Sanders, while a nice weapon, isn't an every down back.

But yeah, I understand the odds of them getting Wentz the kind of back I'm talking about are slim. That's just what I'd do. I would've taken Cook with the 14th pick two years ago, and I wouldn't hesitate to take D'Andre Swift in the first in 2020.
    After waiting 10 years to draft a running back in the first 2 rounds it will probably be a similar amount of time before we draft another that high, at least as long as Howie is the GM.

What makes you think Miles Sanders can't be an every down back though?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      I'm fine with the rb situation. They need speed. This offense is slow. The d is slow as well. Id like an upgrade at lb and s as well. I'm not a mcleod fan.
      This draft is deep as fuck at safety and receiver. It's been awhile since we drafted a safety and now would be the perfect time to bring in a future replacement. Whether or not McLeod restructures he and Malcolm are both getting up there. Malcolm especially looks like he's regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post

After waiting 10 years to draft a running back in the first 2 rounds it will probably be a similar amount of time before we draft another that high, at least as long as Howie is the GM.

This was my point. There is no way the draft a RB that high. They may go WR but a RB seems like something they are satisfied not throwing a 1st round pick at and now that Sanders came in for a 2nd last year Howie will just fill in the roster there.
        ​​​​​​
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

Yeah not a chance they go RB early. However, getting Wentz a true #1 WR should be the top priority in this years draft.
          This is legit for sure. Dak all of a sudden became a 300 yard per game passer with Cooper so yes a true #1 would be a top priority for sure totally agree.
          ​​​​​​
          What I found aggrivating tonight was QBs were throwing to a general radius and the Wrs were catching the ball. Ours can't catch when it hits them in the hands for fuck sakes just maddening
          Last edited by Spartan92; 11-11-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

This is legit for sure. Dak all of a sudden became a 300 yard per game passer with Cooper so yes a true #1 would be a top priority for sure totally agree.
            ​​​​​​
            What I found aggrivating tonight was QBs were throwing to a general radius and the Wrs were catching the ball. Ours can't catch when it hits them in the hands for fuck sakes just maddening
            That was the general narrative of the thread. So many catches last night that the eagles wrs couldn't dream of. Nelson is so bad as an outside wr. Alshon may have the worst contact on the team. This team is 7-2 if they could catch. They would actually have a buffer going into the last difficult stretch of the year and barring injury a virtual lock for 11 wins at least . Now they will have to hope 9-7 wins the division.

Comment

He'll get better at picking his holes and making quick decisions, but the power isn't there... and I don't see where he gets it without cutting into his speed or cutting ability. But I like the kid, it's fun watching him get better every week. And what he's done as a receiver after catching hardly any passes at all at PSU is pretty incredible.

I don't disagree with any of you about what *will* happen. This is just what I want. I see flaws in Carson's game that limit his ceiling to the lower end of the top 10/good-to-very good range. The best way to mask that and protect him long term is to give him a dominant running game, where defenses sell out to stop the run so much that RPOs and play action become lethal again. I'm holding out some small hope that Howie is taking so much heat for his drafting that he's going to be forced to do something radically different next spring.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Howard's a solid back, but I want a running game that DC's lose sleep over. Somebody who's going to do for Wentz what Elliott does for Prescott, or what Cook is doing for Cousins. This coming draft is starting to look a lot like 2017 again, loaded at RB and WR. There are three immediate impact home run backs going in the first two days of the next draft, I want one of them. I love Swift, love that he's a Philly kid, but I'll take Taylor or Dobbins too. I'd also take at least two WRs with those first four picks.

I'm fine with fixing the defense in FA. Whether they go big and get a Bryon Jones or Ngakoue, or plug holes with a couple of mid-tier guys, I'm fine either way. But the draft for me would be all about getting young and fast on offense.
                I’m not convinced Sanders can’t be that guy...

Comment

Sanders has had his moments for sure but has done most of his damage in the pass game. Definitely rooting for the kid but I don't see him being a bell cow 3 down type of back.
                  ​​​​​​
                  Hopefully he proves me wrong I would gladly welcome that.

Comment

Working...
                  X