Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be too harsh or early to say this team...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be too harsh or early to say this team...

....is a dead team walking?

The defense is suspect, the offense barely flashes, the leadership appears to have gotten caught in a rut and is having difficulty adjusting.

Toss in slow starts and the avalanche of injuries to skill positions.....the whole thing just feels meh and flat at best.

I would be surprised if this team qualified for a WC spot.

Too harsh, too early, offseason expectations too high?
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Definitely too harsh. All they have to do is beat a Dallas team that hasn't looked great lately.

Comment

They're not good. But neither is Dallas, even though they're way more talented. We're going to hang around long enough to render unto The Chicken what is The Chicken's. His moment of December glory.

C'mon, you know the script.

Comment

That’s fair...but would add in addition to beating Dallas, have a better record. The next 2 weeks looks rough and with the latest news on injuries I’m not seeing much to get fired up about except the “any given Sunday” mantra.

i understand Dallas has its own meat grinder of a schedule.....
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Duck, I agree.

Knowing that script is what has me asking the questions. Maybe Jason Garret will amaze with new levels of ineptitude.

Comment

Even if they lose the next two games, they'll still be in position to realistically win the division. If they beat Dallas and finish with the same record, they'll almost certainly win the division based on the common opponents tie breaker.

Anyway, people will be thinking first round bye after this team beats New England.

Comment

I'm not there yet. There's still talent on this roster and I still have faith in Doug to rally the troops. I do think winning one of the next two would go a long way for them, but Art is correct that they could lose both and still sneak in.

I'm definitely disappointed with this team. I thought they were a legit SB contender. I expected much more from the defense. Much more from the receivers. A little more from Wentz. At the end of the day, I just want meaningful football in December and January.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                Duck, I agree.

Knowing that script is what has me asking the questions. Maybe Jason Garret will amaze with new levels of ineptitude.
                The Clapper is keeping us in this thing, bless his heart.

Comment

Probably too early, but taking on water. I would feel much better if Howie had picked up a WR, even, Zay Jones would have been a good add. Oakland didn’t have to give up much. Can’t understand why he did not.
                  Last edited by Wolfpack; 11-15-2019, 07:38 PM.
                  ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

I mean they aren't dead as far as winning the division I suppose but what's the point of a shittier draft position and harder schedule next year as realistically I don't think this current roster can win or contend for the Lombardi.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      Even if they lose the next two games, they'll still be in position to realistically win the division. If they beat Dallas and finish with the same record, they'll almost certainly win the division based on the common opponents tie breaker.

Anyway, people will be thinking first round bye after this team beats New England.
                      they didnt beat dallas last season when they were at full strength

Comment

Working...
                      X