I think I'm over Brett Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm over Brett Brown

Too much playing down to their competition. Too many blown leads. Too many turnovers. Way too much standing around on offense.

Not saying I think they should fire him tomorrow but they look like a team that isn't coached.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

For me, Simmons is the biggest concern. His game needed to improve and it hasn't. He's unplayable at the end of the game

​​​​​

Comment

I've been a Brett Brown defender for a while now, but I'm starting to question it too. There's absolutely no movement, especially in late-game situations. A chance to take the lead with seconds left in regulation and it's a long contested 2 by Embiid?

I agree that it doesn't make sense to fire him mid-season...but unless they make a finals run this is probably his swan song in Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by nick foles taint flap View Post
        I've been a Brett Brown defender for a while now, but I'm starting to question it too. There's absolutely no movement, especially in late-game situations. A chance to take the lead with seconds left in regulation and it's a long contested 2 by Embiid?

I agree that it doesn't make sense to fire him mid-season...but unless they make a finals run this is probably his swan song in Philly.
        This.

His substitutions can be really aggravating too. When Tobias fouled out he subbed Furkan in instead of Mike Scott. Gallinari ate Furkan alive. The Thunder attacked him for the rest of the period.

Comment

Turnovers/game rankings each year since Brett became coach (1st is fewest):

30th
          30th
          29th
          30th
          30th
          25th
          29th

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
            For me, Simmons is the biggest concern. His game needed to improve and it hasn't. He's unplayable at the end of the game

​​​​​
            It’s connected. Brown ALLOWS Ben to
            be a bum on offense. I hate this team right now...makes me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

It’s connected. Brown ALLOWS Ben to
              be a bum on offense. I hate this team right now...makes me sick.
              Not that I know, but I'm getting the sense that these guys are a little too cozy with Brett. They love him. He's a good guy. But to your point, they need someone to hold them more accountable. It's not happening.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Something has to give. Talented team with mediocre results. Has to be the coach

Comment

Originally posted by nick foles taint flap View Post

why are they expected to make the finals when they lost in semi-finals? it's not like they lost a game 7 in the ECF and it's other east teams that are just as good

celtics
                  bucks
                  raptors
                  pacers

Comment

Working...
                  X