Aaron Rodgers throws to scrubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
    Devonte Adams may be one of the Best WR in football you are an idiot and no wentz is not Rodgers not many are
    Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

Guy won a super bowl and made the playoffs last year with the backup QB, he’s shown he can call some plays on occasion, including this year. You want me to send you game film or something? How many playoff games has wentz won? I’ll wait
      He was hurt hasn't had the chance to play yet sparky and neither would have Foles or Gomer had the chance to win the SB if Wentz wasn't playing out of his mind in 17 but I'm sure if they keep play 500 football Wentz will be the one to go and they keep Dougie.

Look call it anyway you want this team right now sucks from the top down everywherenfrom coaches to players and I can admit Wentz has looked bad at times but he is far from the biggest reason we suck this year and it would be a lot worse if he wasn't out there. 2 dropped tds aways from being 7-5 right now leading the division with a soft schedule coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Are all of these uncatchable passes on the WRs?
        If it hits you in the hands or between the numbers yes on the last series he couldn't hit the side of a barn that was all on Wentz. Have we not been watching WR dropping balls all year?

Comment

If it hits you in the hands or between the numbers yes on the last series he couldn't hit the side of a barn that was all on Wentz. Have we not been watching WR dropping balls all year?
          It's already been established that his receivers are bad and don't catch. Nobody is questioning that. But it's not a free pass for Carson after every loss. He was awful today. He's been awful before.

Comment

It's already been established that his receivers are bad and don't catch. Nobody is questioning that. But it's not a free pass for Carson after every loss. He was awful today. He's been awful before.
            Not giving him a free pass..he had overthrows today and it last 4 downs was gross. Not his best game and no he does not get a pass from a performance like today. There here still drops but he made enough bad plays of his own I can agree when he plays subpar

Comment

If you wouldn’t take the Packers WR’s over what we started today you are a moron.

Comment

BTW, it wasn't the whole last series. For the first 50-something yards, he was fine. They were driving and putting themselves in a position to tie or win the game (I think Doug goes for two if they score there). What happened on the last four plays is what we've seen happen many times before in Wentz's career. He became erratic and wild and lost control with the game on the line. This isn't a new phenomenon, and only twice in the past were there costly drops involved. And in the Atlanta game, they lived and fought on after the drop... Agholor even almost redeemed himself with a great 45 yard catch on 4th down... and they turned it over on downs deep in Atlanta territory.

In one score games where the Eagles have a chance to win-tie late in the 4th quarter, here's what they've done in the Wentz era:

2016:
                @Lions - Loss (23-24) - Game ending pick
                @Redskins - Loss (20-27) - Got the ball back with 4:00, went 10 yards on 7 plays, punted
                @ Cowboys - Loss (23-29) - Final two 4th quarter drives with the game tied (after blowing a 10 point lead) went for -5 yards total. Cowboys win on opening drive in OT.
                Giants - Loss (23-28) - Got the ball at Giants 34 after an interception with 1:48 on the clock; turnover on downs
                Redskins - Loss (22-27) - Got the ball back with 1:53 with a chance to win, drove to the Redskins 27, Wentz fumbles with :12 remaining
                @ Ravens - Loss (26-27) - Wentz drove down for what should have been the game-tying score in 1:39; instead of kicking the tying PAT, BBD went for it and Wentz's pass was incomplete

2017:
                Giants - Win (27-24) - Down 14-21, Wentz led scoring drives on the last three drives of the game, including a game-winning field goal drive with :13 on the clock.

2018:
                Colts - Win (20-16) - Wentz led an 11 minute game winning drive that consumed 11:18 of Q4
                @Titans - Loss (23-26) - After blowing a 14 point lead, led game tying FG drive with 1:41 remaining, and OT FG drive, lost on a Titans TD (but blew numerous chances to put the game away)
                Panthers - Loss (17-21) - Drove to Panthers 14 (mostly on a 48 yard PI), Wentz fumbles with :31 remaining
                Cowboys - Loss (20-27) - Drove to Cowboys 29, turnover on downs with 1:09 remaining; got ball with :40 seconds left, ran out of clock at Cowboys 32
                Giants - Win (25-22) - Game winning 5 minute FG drive with :22 remaining
                @Dallas - Loss (23-29) - Game tying TD drive, lost in OT before Wentz ever touched the ball (Amari Cooper game)

2019:
                @Falcons - Loss (20-24) - Agholor drop; still drove to Atlanta 18, turnover on downs
                Lions - Loss (24-27) - JJAW drop
                Patriots - Loss (10-17) - Drove into Patriots territory, turnover on downs.

Thats 3-13 in these types of game (1 drop, 2 Wentz fumbles, 4 turnover on downs, 1 pick, 3 OT losses, 1 failed conversion (after a nice clutch TD), 1 game ending punt). There's a lot more going on there than just bad receivers not hanging onto the ball. Barring a very dramatic turnaround, the game-winning drive just isn't Carson's thing. It seems like the key to his success is not putting him into those situations (see 2017).

I don't think he's a bad quarterback. I just don't think he's reliable in high-pressure, game-on-the-line situations. Which is weird, because he was in college. So either he's averse to the bigger stage, or the coaches are taking away something he was relying on when he used to be a clutch player.
                Last edited by The Duck; 11-18-2019, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyphilly View Post
                  If you wouldn’t take the Packers WR’s over what we started today you are a moron.
                  Yeah Allison and Kumerow are the only ones I'd consider scrubs. And Allison used to look a lot better.
                  Lazard is just buried farther on their depth chart than he should be. He or MVS would immediately be right behind Jeffrey/Djax here and its not even close. They get insane receiving production out of their RBs too. Williams has 5 rec TDs and Aaron Jones is 2nd on the team in targets and catches.

Comment

Originally posted by maggsgsr View Post
                    Great QBs can throw to just about anyone. No matter who Brady's had at WR he gets rings.
                    A- YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE GREATEST QB EVER IN THE GAME, MAYBE WILL EVER BE......AND....

B- EVEN YOU SAY....JUST ABOUT ANYONE.... WHICH WENTZ DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THAT..

THIS BORED HAS JUMPED THE SHARK WITH ALL THESE NEWBEES.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

He's missed 3 games ya twat and their defense has been excellent. Wentz has missed Djax year. .looked pretty good game 1 with a full roster to me??

Also you want to compare a QB to one of the greatest to ever do it what an idiot. Why not compare him to Montana? [/QUOTE]

Montana threw to scrubs, too.

Comment

BTW, it wasn't the whole last series. For the first 50-something yards, he was fine. They were driving and putting themselves in a position to tie or win the game (I think Doug goes for two if they score there). What happened on the last four plays is what we've seen happen many times before in Wentz's career. He became erratic and wild and lost control with the game on the line. This isn't a new phenomenon, and only twice in the past were there costly drops involved. And in the Atlanta game, they lived and fought on after the drop... Agholor even almost redeemed himself with a great 45 yard catch on 4th down... and they turned it over on downs deep in Atlanta territory.

In one score games where the Eagles have a chance to win-tie late in the 4th quarter, here's what they've done in the Wentz era:

2016:
                        @Lions - Loss (23-24) - Game ending pick
                        @Redskins - Loss (20-27) - Got the ball back with 4:00, went 10 yards on 7 plays, punted
                        @ Cowboys - Loss (23-29) - Final two 4th quarter drives with the game tied (after blowing a 10 point lead) went for -5 yards total. Cowboys win on opening drive in OT.
                        Giants - Loss (23-28) - Got the ball at Giants 34 after an interception with 1:48 on the clock; turnover on downs
                        Redskins - Loss (22-27) - Got the ball back with 1:53 with a chance to win, drove to the Redskins 27, Wentz fumbles with :12 remaining
                        @ Ravens - Loss (26-27) - Wentz drove down for what should have been the game-tying score in 1:39; instead of kicking the tying PAT, BBD went for it and Wentz's pass was incomplete

2017:
                        Giants - Win (27-24) - Down 14-21, Wentz led scoring drives on the last three drives of the game, including a game-winning field goal drive with :13 on the clock.

2018:
                        Colts - Win (20-16) - Wentz led an 11 minute game winning drive that consumed 11:18 of Q4
                        @Titans - Loss (23-26) - After blowing a 14 point lead, led game tying FG drive with 1:41 remaining, and OT FG drive, lost on a Titans TD (but blew numerous chances to put the game away)
                        Panthers - Loss (17-21) - Drove to Panthers 14 (mostly on a 48 yard PI), Wentz fumbles with :31 remaining
                        Cowboys - Loss (20-27) - Drove to Cowboys 29, turnover on downs with 1:09 remaining; got ball with :40 seconds left, ran out of clock at Cowboys 32
                        Giants - Win (25-22) - Game winning 5 minute FG drive with :22 remaining
                        @Dallas - Loss (23-29) - Game tying TD drive, lost in OT before Wentz ever touched the ball (Amari Cooper game)

2019:
                        @Falcons - Loss (20-24) - Agholor drop; still drove to Atlanta 18, turnover on downs
                        Lions - Loss (24-27) - JJAW drop
                        Patriots - Loss (10-17) - Drove into Patriots territory, turnover on downs.

Thats 3-13 in these types of game (1 drop, 2 Wentz fumbles, 4 turnover on downs, 1 pick, 3 OT losses, 1 failed conversion (after a nice clutch TD), 1 game ending punt). There's a lot more going on there than just bad receivers not hanging onto the ball. Barring a very dramatic turnaround, the game-winning drive just isn't Carson's thing. It seems like the key to his success is not putting him into those situations (see 2017).

I don't think he's a bad quarterback. I just don't think he's reliable in high-pressure, game-on-the-line situations. Which is weird, because he was in college. So either he's averse to the bigger stage, or the coaches are taking away something he was relying on when he used to be a clutch player.
                        If Wentz is choking, or has some type of a mental block in these situations, would you really expect this to be something that wouldn't be cured by one or two instances of his receivers coming through for him and finishing a game winning drive? I would think this would be a situation of break the trend with a great throw/great catch to win a big tame and the monkey is off his back forever. This is a guess, but I think fairly close to the win probabilities in the following scenarios with the ball near the end of a game:
                        -Down by 7 - 10%
                        -Down by 4-6pts - 30%
                        -Down by 3 pts - 37.5%
                        -Down by 1-2 pts - 45%
                        -Tied - 65%
                        Based on that, the expected wins in the 16 games above would be 4.68. I would shrug off 3 wins to variance and bad luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jrachiever View Post

If Wentz is choking, or has some type of a mental block in these situations, would you really expect this to be something that wouldn't be cured by one or two instances of his receivers coming through for him and finishing a game winning drive? I would think this would be a situation of break the trend with a great throw/great catch to win a big tame and the monkey is off his back forever. This is a guess, but I think fairly close to the win probabilities in the following scenarios with the ball near the end of a game:
                          -Down by 7 - 10%
                          -Down by 4-6pts - 30%
                          -Down by 3 pts - 37.5%
                          -Down by 1-2 pts - 45%
                          -Tied - 65%
                          Based on that, the expected wins in the 16 games above would be 4.68. I would shrug off 3 wins to variance and bad luck.
                          Absolutely. If Nelson hangs on to his 2, and JJ to his 1, we're talking about Carson's amazing transformation into Aaron Rodgers right now and he's a top three MVP candidate at 7-3 or 8-2. That's not lost on me.

He still needs to be better before it gets to those long 4th downs and final plays, but if I'm being fair, he's showing the ability to make money throws in big moments this year more than he ever has before. There's a decent chance my entire post upthread is a moot point.

Comment

Working...
                          X