No announcement yet.

Cut Agholor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm fine with cutting him, but that last pass was a tough one. Lobbed high in the air with a stiff breeze blowing. I'll bet plenty of guys would have struggled with that one.

Comment

Neslon Agholor sucks. Can not track the ball. Can not make a highlight catch. Can not make a contested catch. Can not make a catch with coverage close. Can not make a catch unless he is wide open with no risk of being hit.

Comment

Not only would Buddy Ryan cut Agholor today, he'd hold a press conference and tell everyone what a bum he was. And the players would all agree. For all Buddy's faults, the one thing he did and did extremely well was create an atmosphere of accountability.

"Anyone can rush for a 1000 yards with a 1000 carries"....

Doug needs to "Buddy" up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesphaninMD View Post
          Not only would Buddy Ryan cut Agholor today, he'd hold a press conference and tell everyone what a bum he was. And the players would all agree. For all Buddy's faults, the one thing he did and did extremely well was create an atmosphere of accountability.

"Anyone can rush for a 1000 yards with a 1000 carries"....

Doug needs to "Buddy" up a bit.
          Could have kept Golden Tate for 2 million less this year.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyphilly View Post
            Neslon Agholor sucks. Can not track the ball. Can not make a highlight catch. Can not make a contested catch. Can not make a catch with coverage close. Can not make a catch unless he is wide open with no risk of being hit.
            He can when the ball's in front of him. He can't track. That's why moving him out of the slot and forcing him outside is so stupid. It's badly weakens two positions.

Here's my prediction: Agholor is going to sign somewhere else next year, they're going to leave him in the slot where he belongs, and he's going to have the best season of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

He can when the ball's in front of him. He can't track. That's why moving him out of the slot and forcing him outside is so stupid. It's badly weakens two positions.

Here's my prediction: Agholor is going to sign somewhere else next year, they're going to leave him in the slot where he belongs, and he's going to have the best season of his career.
              He ranks 99th in the NFL in catch percentage

Comment

Originally posted by phillyphilly View Post

He ranks 99th in the NFL in catch percentage
                Because he's playing a position he's objectively terrible at. Don't play him there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I don't think Agholor will ever top 2017, but I see your point. As much as he doesn't belong on the outside, I'm not sure what they can do. Roll with Hollins and JJAW? Unlike Agholor, neither of those guys would end up on an NFL roster if they were cut tomorrow.

That obviously wasn't an easy catch last night...but couldn't he have turned to his right and attempted a basket catch as opposed to dropping to his knees and contorting his body? I think Agholor is mind-fucked now the way he was in 2016. His career in Philadelphia is over and he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I don't think Agholor will ever top 2017, but I see your point. As much as he doesn't belong on the outside, I'm not sure what they can do. Roll with Hollins and JJAW? Unlike Agholor, neither of those guys would end up on an NFL roster if they were cut tomorrow.

That obviously wasn't an easy catch last night...but couldn't he have turned to his right and attempted a basket catch as opposed to dropping to his knees and contorting his body? I think Agholor is mind-fucked now the way he was in 2016. His career in Philadelphia is over and he knows it.
                    It's 2016 all over again. That's what makes this so maddening... you already had a full season (season and a half, really) of irrefutable evidence that he's a disaster on the outside. The idea of moving Nelson outside is something that comes up in a meeting, and the coach is supposed to say "we already know that don't work" and you move on to the next idea.

I'd try Hollins at the X. Yeah, he's not good, he shouldn't be starting anywhere, no argument there. But I don't know how much worse than Nelson anyone could be. At least we'd get a competent slot receiver in the deal.

I'd also give JJ at least half of the snaps at the Z while Alshon is down. There's no reason for Jordan Matthews, who has no future with the team, to be getting 85% of the reps at this point. That's just pathetic, especially when you have a high draft pick you desperately need to develop.

None of what they're doing makes any sense to me.

Comment

Nah. Bench him if you like but have to get the comp pick.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                      X