X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz has not been the same since his injury

Prove me wrong.

Pro-tip: You cant.

I've been thinking the exact same thing... He's lost his swag.

Comment

Plays with the jitters and sees ghosts at times.
      but someone mentioned in another post its not all his fault but perhaps Peterson which, i must admit, i have thought about as well since the beginning of this season

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
        I've been thinking the exact same thing... He's lost his swag.
        When he got injured I was concerned about how this would effect him long term. McNabb wasnt the same after is. He could still win games but he wasnt the same athlete. Wentz looks like hes running in mud and now he cant hit open receiver. I think Wentz can still be a good QB with the right supporting cast but I dont think we will ever see the 2017 MVP Wentz again.

Comment

I have a serious question ... did Wentz miss every open receiver today?

He made two shit throws at a key time and he's now never going to be a top player?

His ceiling is "good"?

You may be right ... but I hope not.

I have a feeling there's a few compadres here who just can't wait for him to fuck up ... not you ... but a few others.
          Last edited by slag; 11-17-2019, 09:45 PM.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

He made two shit throws at a key time and he's now never going to be a top player?

His ceiling is "good"?

You may be right ... I could be wrong ... but I hope you are ... wrong that is.

I have a feeling there's a few compadres here who just can't wait for him to fuck up ... not you ... but a few others.
            I am not descrediting the fact that he has the worst group of WRs to throw to in the NFL but hes had trouble with his accuracy all season. Like I said I still believe Wentz can be the guy but I think weve seen peak Wentz and were not going to see it again.

Comment

The WRs are bad but not that bad. Least productive in the league based on statistics. It takes good blocking, play calls and accurate throws too. Last year, Wentz also threw the ball to Ertz on every play. Soon as Foles stepped Jeffrey's numbers went up. They critics said it was a "chemistry" thing. I think theres more to this than just bad WRs.

Comment

Well ... like I said, I hope you're wrong ... and I believe it is way premature for the wringing of hands and wailing of laments.

Comment

His ceiling is "good"?

You may be right ... but I hope not.

It's not that I can't wait to see it happen, it's just that I've come to expect it. It's not personal, I don't want him to fail. I want to win games. Given his apparent deficiencies, I think having a dominant running game is going to take a ton of pressure off of him and make him a much better player, and that will put the team in a position to win more. Not all QB's need that. I've come to the conclusion that Wentz does.

The HC is a bigger problem than the QB, IMO. I really think Doug might be an idiot who stepped in shit one season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

It's not that I can't wait to see it happen, it's just that I've come to expect it. It's not personal, I don't want him to fail. I want to win games. Given his apparent deficiencies, I think having a dominant running game is going to take a ton of pressure off of him and make him a much better player, and that will put the team in a position to win more. Not all QB's need that. I've come to the conclusion that Wentz does.

The HC is a bigger problem than the QB, IMO. I really think Doug might be an idiot who stepped in shit one season.
                    Bingo...when wentz is at his best the play calling is balanced. For some reason a certain coach called the game differently whne wentz is in there and gets pass happy.
                    ​​​​​​
                    All QBs are better with a good running game you have to respect that at stack the box but when you know your opponent is going to pass all the time you can cover all game and make passing more difficult. When Foles played it was way more balanced and they had RPOs with a QB who is less athletic makes no sense.

Yes Wentz has to fix some stuff but he arm is overused he is at his best when passing under 35 times a game.

Comment

Wentz is not right. That said, you have to give him some balance, go look at the box on this game. His WR core tonight was Nelson, who is not a primary, a guy off the street and two ghosts (BCJAW and Mack attack). McNabb never had It this bad, prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Well, I don't know if he's a complete idiot but it certainly appears that Gomer cannot have a lightweight as the offensive coordinator ... he needs someone with enough juice to curb his fucked tendencies.

Comment

Well, I don't know if he's a complete idiot but it certainly appears that Gomer cannot have a lightweight as the offensive coordinator ... he needs someone with enough juice to curb his fucked tendencies.
                          He does. The problem is going to be keeping that guy if/when we find him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Bingo...when wentz is at his best the play calling is balanced. For some reason a certain coach called the game differently whne wentz is in there and gets pass happy.
                            ​​​​​​
                            All QBs are better with a good running game you have to respect that at stack the box but when you know your opponent is going to pass all the time you can cover all game and make passing more difficult. When Foles played it was way more balanced and they had RPOs with a QB who is less athletic makes no sense.

Yes Wentz has to fix some stuff but he arm is overused he is at his best when passing under 35 times a game.
                            Pederson doesn't call a different game when Wentz is in though. I'm not a Foles over Wentz guy, but I'm pretty sure that Foles won more times in like 10 games while throwing 40+ times than Wentz has in his entire career.

Think about the top 5-10 QBs in the NFL. How many of those guys make you think "he's best when he's not passing too much"?

When Wentz plays well it's not about Pederson just calling running plays. It's about the running game being dominant. If this team could run the way it did against Green Bay every week, it would. They got away from the run today because they were beating their head against a brick wall once they lost Johnson. Running on 2nd and long with Big V at RT isn't the way to make a comeback.

Comment

Another thing about pass/run ratio...it's a function of whether or not a team has the lead:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECcQnMiXYAEhW1q.jpg

Considering that, and the way teams pass these days, Pederson is a relatively run-first coach.

https://fftoday.com/stats/17_run_pass_ratios.html

The Eagles aren't even a winning team, and they rank 7th in the NFL in run %. The teams that rank ahead of them are teams whose offense either revolves around keeping the ball out of the QB's hands (Raiders, Colts, Vikings, 49ers), or teams with running QBs (Ravens, Seahawks).
                              Last edited by art vandelay; 11-17-2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X