Goedert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

What time is that lethality scheduled to arrive? I can't wait to see it.
    Go ask the coach who doesn't realize a 2 te set is our best option right right now as they are our best pass catchers remaining on the team. What are you asking me I'm not coaching the personnel on the field asking Wentz to throw mostly to a guy signed 3 hours before the game off the street ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Go ask the coach who doesn't realize a 2 te set is our best option right right now as they are our best pass catchers remaining on the team. What are you asking me I'm not coaching the personnel on the field asking Wentz to throw mostly to a guy signed 3 hours before the game off the street ?
      Goedert played 80% of the snaps on sunday.

Comment

Goedert's "almost dropped" TD pass bore a striking resemblance to the biggest TD catch of Ertz's career. In both cases, they weren't almost anything. They were clear and obvious touchdowns.

You need to stop constructing arguments around things I never said. I didn't say Ertz was toast, and I'm not bitching about him. I'm saying in very plain English that revisiting his contract with two years remaining on it is unnecessary, and indicative of a fundamental flaw in the organization's thinking. I'm also saying, again, in plain language, that extending Ertz and making Goedert the TE2 with no chance of ever getting out of Ertz's shadow makes that 2018 second rounder a wasted pick, and all but guarantees Goedert walks for a starting job after the 2021 season.

Having two very good TEs is doing nothing for this offense in the absence of NFL caliber wideouts. Rather than focus on keeping a luxury (two TEs) that you can't figure how to utilize, even when they're the best receiving options on your roster by a mile, focus on fixing what's broken. If that means trading Ertz while he can still bring a a great return (because he's *not* toast), do it and use those assets and extra money on completely remaking this broken and embarrassing receive corps.

And if you do extend Ertz, you might as well start shopping Goedert. Which is ass backwards in my estimation... but it beats keeping them both, which is pointless.
        Last edited by The Duck; 11-20-2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

Yup... Agholor & Matthews + Erzt & Goedert were out there all day. The results were abysmal.

Comment

So what's you point? Mine was if you have 2 use them don't call plays for the guys that can't catch

Comment

Goedert's "almost dropped" TD pass bore a striking resemblance to the biggest TD catch of Ertz's career. In both cases, they weren't almost anything. They were clear and obvious touchdowns.

You need to stop constructing arguments around things I never said. I didn't say Ertz was toast, and I'm not bitching about him. I'm saying in very plain English that revisiting his contract with two years remaining on it is unnecessary, and indicative of a fundamental flaw in the organization's thinking. I'm also saying, again, in plain language, that extending Ertz and making Goedert the TE2 with no chance of ever getting out of Ertz's shadow makes that 2018 second rounder a wasted pick, and all but guarantees Goedert walks for a starting job after the 2021 season.

Having two very good TEs is doing nothing for this offense in the absence of NFL caliber wideouts. Rather than focus on keeping a luxury (two TEs) that you can't figure how to utilize, even when they're the best receiving options on your roster by a mile, focus on fixing what's broken. If that means trading Ertz while he can still bring a a great return (because he's *not* toast), do it and use those assets and extra money on completely remaking this broken and embarrassing receive corps.

And if you do extend Ertz, you might as well start shopping Goedert. Which is ass backwards in my estimation... but it beats keeping them both, which is pointless.
              You have Dallas on the cheap. One injury away from having nothing at the TE position. Man is is that hard to understand that you need good depth or you just assume everyone will be healthy all year.

That's why you keep Ertz. And you don't know the details of the contract let's wait and see is all I'm saying.

Comment

So what's you point? Mine was if you have 2 use them don't call plays for the guys that can't catch
                Maybe you should re-read your own post. You’re point was that the coach was using the wrong personnel by not having 2 TE sets, followed by my point(supported by facts) that they were both on the field quite often.

Comment

Maybe you should re-read your own post. You’re point was that the coach was using the wrong personnel by not having 2 TE sets, followed by my point(supported by facts) that they were both on the field quite often.
                  Cool they were both on the field I give you that I have no issue admitting my mistakes but doesn't mean it isn't the coaches who have to know how to get them involved if they are your most viable pass catchers.

​​​​​Yes Dallas can be good maybe great I just don't think you can give up on one of the best pass catching TE in the game and Wentz security blanket for a maybe. Does that make the pick of Goedert stupid who knows I still don't think so as having them both on the field in the red zone should be a match up nightmare if used properly. How that is deployed is on the coaching staff.

If Djax was healthy all year I suspect we wouldn't be that down on our WR group right now as there would be alot of easy passes available just by him opening up the field after all that's what he was brought in for. But he did so now we try and find 2 legit receivers either in the draft or FA and pair
                  ​​them with these guys and I think the offense will be just fine.
                  Last edited by Spartan92; 11-20-2019, 09:40 PM.

Comment

You have Dallas on the cheap. One injury away from having nothing at the TE position. Man is is that hard to understand that you need good depth or you just assume everyone will be healthy all year.

That's why you keep Ertz. And you don't know the details of the contract let's wait and see is all I'm saying.
                    So we're spending high draft picks on depth now... brilliant. No wonder we have guys off the street taking 85% of the snaps at critical skill positions.

This isn't how you build a roster. It's how you go from Super Bowl to nothing in two years flat.

Comment

So we're spending high draft picks on depth now... brilliant. No wonder we have guys off the street taking 85% of the snaps at critical skill positions.

This isn't how you build a roster. It's how you go from Super Bowl to nothing in two years flat.
                      Hey I don't fully disagree with you here you have a valid point. But most successful teams do not draft for need they draft BPA and make moves accordingly to fill their roster. Now, we all know the Goedert pick was just to fuck with Dallas and keep him away from them and yes they could have used that pick differently and was he really the BPA at the time I don't know.

What we do know is this regime doesn't know how to draft WRs that is for damn sure so why not try and pull a trade for a #1 receiver by using your draft capital. Sure as shit worked out for Dallas. (obviously if one is available) But I am not sure I trust this regime to even draft a top notch WR knowing them they will pull an I'm smarter than you move or something.

Comment

Ertz and Goedert combined for 17 targets on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Ertz and Goedert combined for 17 targets on Sunday.
                          That's great that they have 2 TE on the roster that can catch the ball whey is this an issue?? (not saying you are saying it is) Even if you have 2 legit receivers the point is running an offense with 2 WR 2 TE and 1 RB when you have 2 stud TE especially in the Redzone should be insane and why we (including me) were pretty excited at the prospect of what this offense could have looked liked like this year.

Let's just say you had a legit #1 and a healthy Djax with Ertz and Goedert running the middle of the field do you really think a slot CB or LB is going to cover them come on the offense would look insane. Issue is we don't have that legit #1 and that should be on of the top priorities this offseason either draft or trade.

I will take Goedert in the slot over a WR but that is just me. He has sneaky speed and great size which poses too many match up problems if the other teams have to respect the run and Doug commits to it.

Comment

Bump for another abominable mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                              Bump for another abominable mistake.
                              As soon as he ran into that pile, you knew he wouldn't have the good sense to take the gain and go down. You knew he was going to fight four guys for an extra foot until the ball was on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X